Is Wifi still available in my sleeping room if I stop Wifi function on Master plug in reading room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is Wifi still available in my sleeping room if I stop Wifi function on Master plug in reading room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-30 12:48:41
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

I already cloned wifi to my homeplug via WSP.

It is because there is a wifi router already in my reading room so I don't need to use wifi from the master plug. However I still need wifi in my sleeping room from the powerplug.

Thanks!

P.S. Just a small issue - when I use WSP to clone both 2.4G and 5G Wifi SSID, it uses the same SSID in 5G from 2.4G. In fact the original Wifi of 2.4G and 5G have different SSID. Is it a bug?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is Wifi still available in my sleeping room if I stop Wifi function on Master plug in reading room?
2020-03-31 10:41:29

@DannyPong 

Hello, it won't affect the wireless performance of TL-WPA8630P if you disabled the wifi on the main router. 

As for the wifi clone, theoretically, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz of TL-WPA8630P will use the same SSID as the main router. We will do a test at our lab and verify whether we can replicate it. And you can use the tpPLC utility to change the wireless name. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/ 

Good day. 

Options