TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

56 Reply
Re:TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?
2022-09-20 05:25:57

@JDC I mean how far is your device from the decos to maintain that 50 Mbps?

Options
2022-09-20 05:29:17
oh..about 6 meters, that's enough, and what about at 10 meters from Decos?
Options
Re:Why is there even some difference between your mesh solutions, why it's not compatible?
2022-09-20 16:25:06

@TP_TechWriter I did buy Archer AX3000 because it manage mesh sites, further I did buy 2 Deco M4 because it's Tp-link and it manage mesh sites and I am reading now that you support two totally different solutions, are you crazy, WHY????? Why you are doing such a stupid thing that you don't support  one kind of mesh site. I don't understand and I am very pis*ed off, because I expected that this will just working solution, because mesh is just one site, but you recognize mesh one and mesh deco. So you don't solve this issue, you just make another one. I hate your strategy and want back my money, because this is really not good solution.

Options
2022-10-18 08:24:09

A OneMeshTM router serves as the administrative hub on a OneMeshTM network, which is a Deco Mesh network. On the router, you may set and change wifi settings including the network name, password, and sophisticated features like Access Control and QoS. After that, your extension devices and the router will synchronise.

Options
2022-11-10 14:50:11

@JDC Hi I have been using my Deco P9 (3 pack) on my existing ASDL fritzbox router config is disabled wifi on fritzbox and use the DECO MESH network WIFI instead and all works great for past 2 years. However as my adsl is only 12mb and unbelievably at my address I can only get 4MB on fibre I am looking a 4g routers. I would like to change to an Archer MR200 or Archer MR400 for faster internet speed, but its not clear if my existing Deco P9's will work with the new Archer 4G router.  Anyone have success with this?

In theory can I just turn off the wifi on the Arhcer and connect the primary Deco via cable and it will work same as it did with my fritzboz on ADSL. Any guidance much appreciated!

Options
2022-11-23 22:01:50

@JDC 

Absolutely it is a TOTALLY STUPID set-up.  However, it appears that the other DECO MESH still works on it's own, which begs the question.  WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A ONEMESH ROUTER?  

Options
2022-12-19 08:18:14

@Han-Solo As if it's not bad enough after the mess between OneMesh and Deco mesh, there is now another ecosystem called EasyMesh. Like seriously.

Options
2022-12-27 02:31:50

Onemesh is much better as you can set and modify the wireless settings such as network name, password, and advanced features like Access Control and QoS on the router. The router will then synchronize to your extension devices

Hello
Options
2023-03-22 00:12:34

@TP_TechWriter  Reading description I Do Not see real difference as in delivered Product/Functionality,

they both do the same thing, the difference really is that OneMesh is more flexible and works with different TP-Link devices and Deco seems to be limited by Deco devices. With OneMesh you also need to be careful, cause some older devices like powerlink ones may drop your speed ;). I personally use Wifi 6 - OneMesh build with AX73 and Two RE700X, having 1Gbps internet from my ISP I can get the same in any place of my home or garden. 

Options
2023-04-08 06:05:46

[quote]OneMesh™ products do not support Ethernet backhaul now[/quote]

wow....   wired backhaul is a key feature for this wifi mesh. so the lack of it makes me think that the Deco Mesh is the superior option.

Sure wireless backhaul is ok, but if we are wanting reliability of performance and you are to do wired backhaul then you ought to do wired backhaul whenever possible. If you go youtube, the test results speak for themselves how much better wired backhaul for mesh wifi is compared to without.

Options