OneMesh vs Mesh wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh vs Mesh wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OneMesh vs Mesh wifi
OneMesh vs Mesh wifi
2020-07-14 09:17:18
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am willing to upgrade my network as I am having a lot of dead zones. Currently, I have Archer D2 modem (connected through RJ11 provided by ISP). I have few questions regarding the next upgrade:

1. is it better to get VR400 or VR2100 with RE305 and create OneMesh or buy for example Deco M4 and connect it to my D2 modem ?

2. if I got Deco M4 and connect it to my modem, should I configure QoS, port forwarding, etc.. on Deco or D2 modem ? 

3. For VR400, I can see that the onemesh firmeware is still not released. Will it be released soon ?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:OneMesh vs Mesh wifi
2020-07-21 05:59:48

@MoustafaDida 

Hello,

1. It is better to connect a Deco system to the D2. Since the Deco has a whole-home wifi Mesh system.

Here is a link you can refer to know more about the Mesh of Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/mesh-wifi/

2. If you connect Deco serials product to the D2, you don't need to configure QoS or other settings on the D2. You just need to configure the Deco product.

3. For VR400, the Onemesh firmware will come soon, once it released, you can check it on our official website.

May it help nad have a nice day!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 1

Related Articles