Votes

kasa app for desktop

Votes

kasa app for desktop

63 Reply
Re:kasa app for desktop
2023-11-13 11:08:25

@Kevin_Z  - Did this every get built?  I would very much like to be able to manage all my Kasa bulbs and Switches from my Windows desktop...

Options
RE:kasa app for desktop
2023-11-13 11:08:56
Please build this
Options
RE:kasa app for desktop
2023-11-21 21:39:31
Please please, do this app, it will be a big help
Options
2023-11-22 08:58:55

@yhr123 

There is a 3rd party windows app here on rewster dot uk (Kasa Smart Control – Smartplug/Smartbulb Control for Windows) that seems to work ok....

Options
2023-11-27 04:01:50

@metropical I downloaded BlueStack 5 and it works fine for adding Alexa devices. BUT, when I download the Kasa app and try to add a Kasa Smart Plug Lite/Mini the app cannot find the plug. I have tried it several times and followed each step, but when it tries to connect to Smart Plug I get the message "Unable to Connect to Your Smart Plug Wi-Fi"

Has anyone had this issue?

If so, has anyone resolved this issue?

Options
2023-12-02 17:13:09

I have several Kasa devices, and I would also like a Windows app to view/control my cameras. I also think it is unacceptable that Kasa has not set this up. The products work well, and I like them, but it is a half-measure currently. Not all of us live on our phones or can have them in our work areas. A windows app shouldn't be difficult for them to create. Heck, I'd even pay a couple of dollars a month if that is what it would take.

Options
2023-12-03 04:20:06
The app from the Microsoft store is "TP-Link Smart Plug Utility", it only allows you to turn plugs off or on, it will not let you set them up. I tried it.
Options
2024-01-18 02:44:36

@metropical Just want to chime in that it would be great to control Kasa devices and view cameras through a computer. Not everyone is comfortable with smartphones, especially elderly people who might need to use the cameras to see who's at the door, for instance. Smartphones are difficult for many people, even those who might find using a computer pretty easy.

Options
2024-01-18 12:20:54

@metropical the app mentined above work good on windows but if you have a mac with M processor you can install Tapo app that work perfectly even to see and control pan and zoom in camera

Options
2024-02-13 05:48:38

@uncleal 

I agree!  We need a windows app for Kasa, I lost access to my desktop computer and now am using a laptop, but my smart plug quit working. Something to do with the laptop I'm sure but I am not a tech and can't figure it out yet!  If they had an app perhaps i could connect it through the app and find the issue.  

Options

Voters 26

+ 22 Voters