Tether app Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether app Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tether app Issue
Tether app Issue
2020-03-31 19:16:22 - last edited 2020-04-02 07:35:33

Hello all,

New to this forum.  I did try very hard to find another thread that discusses my issue without success.  

The issue is this, I used to fire up Tether and log into my RE650 no problem.  The hardware is working fine as I am going through it to search for threads, and to write this, but now the tether app does not offer any device login.  Instead, it wants me to register for a www account using an email ID.    That is the only screen i get.  If I try to enter anything else into the email field it complains with "invalid email I'd.  If i enter my email ID, it complains the emailID isn't registered.  

Of course it's not because I never saw that screen before.  I always just saw my device which I selected and then provided a local password.   Any idea what may have caused this?   I really don't want to do a factory reset.  If it doesn't work, then I have basically destoryed it as I will have no way to configure it.  

Any direction will be appreciated.

cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether app Issue-Solution
2020-04-01 08:09:18 - last edited 2020-04-02 07:35:33

@Allan63 

Hello, did you update the Tether app? Cause the new APP made some changes to the login and registration process. Which asks you to register a cloud account to log into the Tether app. 

You can click register an account to log in on the Tether app. Or you can go to cloud website to register it. 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tether app Issue-Solution
2020-04-01 08:09:18 - last edited 2020-04-02 07:35:33

@Allan63 

Hello, did you update the Tether app? Cause the new APP made some changes to the login and registration process. Which asks you to register a cloud account to log into the Tether app. 

You can click register an account to log in on the Tether app. Or you can go to cloud website to register it. 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tether app Issue
2020-04-01 18:33:09
Hi Kevin_Z, Awesome! I don’t think I’ve seen anything in any app less intuitive. Thank you very much
Options
Re:Tether app Issue
2020-04-02 07:35:25

@Allan63 

You are welcome, glad to help you. 

If need more help in the future, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 877

Replies: 3

Related Articles