Router password change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router password change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router password change
Router password change
2020-04-01 10:23:13 - last edited 2020-04-02 03:35:12
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I was trying to change my network password because of illegal users on the network. The password change doesn't happen. I went to the server of tp link, i did the right password and username but when i enter the new password i would like to set and i hit save, everything disappears and the fill in the blank boxes get empty like the beginning. I need help to fix this issue. And due to the outbreak I'm not even being able to contact my providers of my region

File:
20200328_132804.mp4Download
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router password change-Solution
2020-04-02 03:35:03 - last edited 2020-04-02 03:35:12

@hamimrahman.17 

From the attached video, you changed the login username and password, not the wireless password. 

Please go to the wireless-wireless settings page to change the wireless network name and go to the wireless security page to change wireless password. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router password change-Solution
2020-04-02 03:35:03 - last edited 2020-04-02 03:35:12

@hamimrahman.17 

From the attached video, you changed the login username and password, not the wireless password. 

Please go to the wireless-wireless settings page to change the wireless network name and go to the wireless security page to change wireless password. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router password change
2020-04-06 07:12:17

@Kevin_Z i did change the login and password but that doesn't happen. Look at the video! I hit save and it clears the boxes. That's the problem. When I change the wireless password the same thing happened. It cleared the boxes 

Options
Re:Router password change
2020-04-06 07:20:37 - last edited 2020-04-06 07:39:17

@hamimrahman.17 But that video is a dummy emulator website for TP-Link routers so you know the kind of menus it has and play around a bit, but it is not your router or even a real one.

You have to connect to your own router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1186

Replies: 3

Related Articles