Alot of problems with the Archer AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 18:27:23 - last edited 2020-06-02 12:43:47
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hello there TP-link Community.

I got a few problems with my Archer AX6000

Note: i tested the same results on all devices in my house. (smart tv's, ios, android. etc.)
I got a 350 up and down fiber bundle.

- Sometimes very slow wifi speeds (250kb up/down) I tested this with my fiber modem and got normal speeds

- Connected but no WIFI

- Can't connect at all to my WIFI network

- Some devices randomly dissconect from WIFI, and it's hard to reconnect sometimes they even wont reconnect.

- Wifi network dissapears for awhile. (5/10min)

- Function 'Smart Connect' does not work, does not switch to 2.4hz when futher away, just disconnects. (when making a guest WIFI network on 2.4hz i get better range)

I also tried a old modem router from our previous ISP and got no problems (range was not great)

I would love to keep this router but all these problems are getting annoying.

Greetings Blanc.

Options
30 Reply
Re:Alot of problems with the Archer AX6000
2020-10-01 08:21:49
I have almost the same problems too even with the last firmware. The 5g band is working as expected, but 2.4 has lots of issues. Devices are disconnecting randomly and sometimes i can't even see 2.4 network broadcasting. My old and very cheap TP-Link router is working flawlessly. I don't expect this kind of troubles from this hi-end device. Dissatisfied...
Options
2020-12-11 22:20:12

@Blanc Me too i have nearly the same problem, i have installed latest firmware but still my family are complaining about the wifi is keeping disconnecting!!!! this is so frustrating.

Options
Options
2021-01-04 08:15:17

@PayaHu 

Hi Payahu, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

As for the 2.4G disconnect issue you are experiencing, can you please confirm some more info then we can try to figure it out?

What are the devices connected to the 2.4G network? Do you mean the 2.4G network on the AX6000 is disappearing? No device can 'see' it when it disconnects? Have you tried to reset the AX6000 to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to confirm?

When the 2.4G disappears, how did you recover it, reboot the AX6000? Is the 2.4G wireless still showing enabled on the web GUI when it is disappearing?

Options
2021-01-25 14:34:21

@Blanc Just jumping in to answer the question as I have the same issues.

I experience a lot of issues with the router (I do only use 5Ghz band).

Sometimes, some devices are disconnected while others are connected. However, when trying to reconnect, it fails. This is now happening daily.

To solve this, I go into the phone app, and either disable 2.4Ghz, or enable it. This restarts the router and after 5 minutes all devices connects.

Other times, I cannot connect to the phone app at all, and must do a hard reset (turn off power).

This does often times work, though I have experienced one time, that it did not, and I had to do a factory reset.

Still experiencing all the above listed issues.

Options
2021-01-29 08:36:43

@Achnito 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

May I know what kind of devices failed to connect to the 5G network? Was there some specific device that lose the connection, or this happens randomly on all the devices?

When some devices lose the connection, are they far away from the router? Is the signal not good? Try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to verify which 5G channel is clearer, then try the channel, you can also change the channel width to 40MHz, change security to WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot it and confirm.

What if you enable the 2.4G network, will the devices lose the connection as well? Please give that a go, then monitor the results.

It is also suggested enabling the Auto-reboot feature on the router during the idle time, you can go to Advanced > System Tools > Reboot Schedule, ensure the router system time is correct first.

Options
2021-01-31 12:03:13

@Kevin_Z Hey Kevin, the devices will disconnect by random.

Once this happens, the other devices may stay connected, however if I try to disconnect these devices, reconnection is not possible as the WiFi is unavailable.

Only once the router has been restarted, the WiFi will reappear for all devices to reconnect to.

2.4G network is not part of the issue. I found that the quickest way to soft restart the router is to make change in the software (typically, I just switch on/off 2.4G network).  

Lowering the WiFi bandwidth to 40MHz and lowering security is not a reasonable solution. This is a premium priced product, for which I do expect it to be able to run with 160Mhz bandwidth and WPA3 security with no issues.

The Auto-reboot feature is also not a valid solution either. I restart the router multiple times a day anyway due to the connectivity issues.

Yes, 2.4G network is enabled and that does not solve the issue. I have tried just about anything.

The WiFi signal is irrelevant at this point as It is just the router that has some serious software malfunctioning.

I am very unpleased with my product purchase...

Options
2021-01-31 12:09:58
Me too, i put my trust on TP-LINK and I regret that so damn hard, buying an expensive router and not able to use it as it should be, and I figured out that their support is really bad, it is really a shame. i will never buy anything from them again and i will make sure none of my friends or family or subscribers do.
Options
2021-01-31 12:19:07
It truely is a shame.. I went from a 299 DKK router with very poor connection and speed, to this 2000 DKK machine, with great speed - but with major connectivity issues. I still believe the 299 DKK router was a better option ...
Options
2021-02-01 02:52:39

@Achnito @L.R.G 

Sorry to disappoint you, we are trying to provide some suggestions to locate the issue, we don't mean it will be the final solution for it, while it seems you just refuse to do any modification and just insist the issue persists. If you both think the software is malfunctioning, and you cannot stand with it, just do that at your convenience to return it to the store where you purchase it, thank you.

However, if you are here to seek for some suggestions to solve the issue you are experiencing, we hope you could help with some modifications and check if the issue persists, then our engineers will investigate into it and provide a fix for it.

Back to the issue you are reporting again @Achnito, what is the current wireless settings on the 5GHz network? How many devices needs to be connected to the 5GHz network? Which devices are mostly lose the connection and cannot connect back?

@L.R.G Please provide as more info as you can about the issue you are experiencing with the AX6000, we will also try to help you out, thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 9853

Replies: 30

Related Articles