5GHZ Cantenna-Setup with Archer C7 as reference to create Bridge Mode setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 13:47:31 - last edited 2020-04-03 13:49:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Dear Community, dear tp-Link-Team,

i would like to build a 5 GHZ Bridge Mode connection. (Connect 2 locations about 100m distance over a 5GHZ cantenna link setup.)

What i need?

Router which is capable to disable 2.4GHZ and only use 5GHZ.

Router which is capable of bridge mode.

From this link i learned that the Archer C7 has 3 external 5GHZ antennas, while most others do use Dual Band Antennas which i do not need:

TP-Link Archer comparison

Problem:

Archer C7 has 3 external 5GHZ antennas, but i am only going to use one!

What i want do know:

What happens to the other (unsed) 5 GHZ antennas? Is the router that intelligent that it will not use them for the bridge mode connection?

At first sure it will try to use all 3, but soon it should recognize that only one antenna is having a healthy, strength connection to the other router via the 5GHZ Antenna.

(the one with the good connection will be the antenna with the cantenna setup.)

Do I understand this in the right manner? Or will the router try to use the other two antennas, and the performance of the connection will go down?

Is the hareware version of router important for my plan? Or will i achieve my goal with all versions?

Sadly there is no 5GHZ only Router or Bridge Mode device available.

Thank you very much for your input in advance!

Raphael

Options
2 Reply
Re:5GHZ Cantenna-Setup with Archer C7 as reference to create Bridge Mode setup
2020-04-03 14:55:24
i can update info: new Archer C7 have fixed antenna und dual band too. so no advantage on this side.
Options
Re:5GHZ Cantenna-Setup with Archer C7 as reference to create Bridge Mode setup
2020-04-07 08:34:33

@develissimo 

Hello, taken the distance into consideration, it is not suggested to use the Soho wireless router to boost the wifi signal, instead, the business level product will be a better choice. 

If you want to use 5GHz only, you can use CPE510 or CPE610 to satisfy your needs. Just like main router --CPE510 (AP mode)))(( CPE510(client mode)--wifi router/access point. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1275

Replies: 2

Related Articles