Speed increase on TL-WR940N new purchase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 17:37:58
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

Hi , 

Could anyone suggest me to get the speed to 100mbps since I have recently upgraded from 40mbps to 100mbps speed with my broadband service provider.

I called tp-link support but they couldnot do much and asked to get this replaced .

By any chance can someone check this and let me know if i need to change any setings in tp-link router login page .

File:
speed.JPGDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed increase on TL-WR940N new purchase
2020-04-07 08:39:46

@waseem6600 

The TL-WR940N has the 100Mbps LAN ports, in theory, you can get up to 100Mbps from it. 

We can do some troubleshooting first.

1. What is the wired speed you can get from the TL-WR940N? 

2. Please check the wireless speed and wired/wireless negotiation speed as well, here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Note: The steps to get wired negotiation speed are the same with the exception of the ethernet connection/local area connection. 

3. You can change some wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width.

4. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Speed increase on TL-WR940N new purchase
2020-04-18 07:21:18

@Kevin_Z

Hi ,thanks for the reply .

1)90mbps

2)checking

3)done already with tplink support folks on call.they asked me to hard reset and re add the wireless settings .setting channel to 1,6,11 - which didnot work .hence same speed of max 60mbps with this wifi device.

4)firmware is up to date-this was confirmed by tplink support team on call .

what would be the next steps for this ? any assistance/tips on this is highlight appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1203

Replies: 2

Related Articles