Help troubleshooting performance issues on the M4's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 23:09:35 - last edited 2020-04-03 23:21:40
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi all!

I've recently moved into a house, where i have installed three Deco M4's. In the first 2-3 weeks, everything was working out great, but in the last week, i've been experiencing trouble with the performance on my network, and i was hoping that i could find help troubleshooting the issues in here. 

I have a modem/router combo from my ISP, which i have put in bridge mode and then disabled the wifi. From there i connected the main deco, which connects to a switch that has ethernet cables drawn out to the to remaing decos. 

I have tried turning back on my ISP modem/router and tested the speed, and the problem doesnt seem to come from there. I have also called my ISP to ask, if they could see any anomalies on my network, which they couldnt. 

So, im starting to think, that the issues is coming from the M4's. 

I the last 4-5 days, i have experienced that 1-2 times per day, the internet download speed drops below 10mbit's (i have a 100mbit down/50mbit down connection). Its not like im having many active devices when this happens. Today my girlfriend and i had 2 netflix streams running, but no other activities besides that. When this happens, i run a speedtest (Ookla), and the test behaves quite different compared to when i take a test in a time, where the network is running smoothly. First of all, normally when you press go on the test, it starts immediately, but when im experiencing network issues, it takes 4-5 seconds for the test to start, and then it takes more time than usual to find the speedtest server, which at some points are servers far away from me, and not the usual close by servers, that the test normally uses. Then the box that states my ping displays for example 25ms ping, but then switches the number 5-6 times on numbes between 10ms and 1000ms before settling on a number, and then proceeds to do the speedtest, which will be below 10 mbits. 

If i go to the closet where the modem and the main deco is placed and turn of the power for at minute or two, then reboots, then the problem disappears, but will return again within a day. 

When everything is working on the network, i can speedtest the full 100mbit connection on all my devices. 

I really dont know where to start troubleshooting this issue, and is really hoping someone in here can help, so that i dont have to go out and buy a new system! 

Video of speedtest

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 0