Intermittent disconnection on 5GHz band and cannot reconnect due to "incorrect password"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent disconnection on 5GHz band and cannot reconnect due to "incorrect password"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 00:36:39
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n(5553)

I bought this router about a month ago and, since the first day, I noticed that all my devices would randomly disconnect from the 5GHz band.

When I try to reconnect a device, I get an error saying that my password is incorrect (which is not the case).

All devices can still see the 5GHz band, but none of them can reconnect to it.

So far, the only way to fix this issue has been to reboot the router every time. This is annoying because the issue happens at least once a day, if not more.

To be noted that, when this issue happens, the 2.4 GHz band and the wired connections are still up and running.

I have tried fixing the channels and playing with the channel widths, but no combination has worked so far.

Looking at the posts on this forum, I seem to not be the only one with this issue.

Is there an official fix? This is a brand new router, and I never had this issue with my previous router.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Intermittent disconnection on 5GHz band and cannot reconnect due to "incorrect password"
2020-04-07 08:55:09

@sermad 

Thanks for the information provided. 

I found that you have contacted our colleague via livechat and your case has been escalated to our senior engineer. Please wait a while and then our engineer will reach out to you and will help you. 

Please get in touch with them via email.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Intermittent disconnection on 5GHz band and cannot reconnect due to "incorrect password"
2020-08-31 13:46:40

@sermad I am having this same exact issue with a brand new Archer A10 I installed 3 days ago. Is there a fix?

thanks

Options
2020-08-31 13:47:28

@Kevin_Z I am having this same exact issue. How can I proceed getting assistance?

Options
2020-08-31 14:25:57

@JasonB89 

Hi, 

In my case, I dealt with TP-Link's technical support (which was superb) and after debugging on their part, the issue turned out to be a bug in the latest firmware specific to the A10 model (although not sure if it affects all A10s).

The technical support seemed aware of the issue and actively working on a fix, and I was told that the solution would eventually take the form of a new firmware update at some time down the road.

At the time, the only solution that did not involve a firmware update seemed to be a replacement of the router by a different model (not another A10). In my case, I upgraded to TP-Link's C4000 model and the issue has completely disappeared.

That being said, my case is a few months old and maybe there are other solutions that have been developped since then. I would recomment that you reach out to technical support so that they can confirm the issue and propose solutions. The process took some time in my case, but they were really helpful in the end.

Good luck!

Options
2020-08-31 14:29:43

@sermad thanks, I will reach out and see what can be done!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 948

Replies: 5

Related Articles