Archer VR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer VR600
Archer VR600
2020-04-04 08:58:08
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

hi, does anyone know if the firmware for the vr600 v2 that supports onemesh technology will ever be released, because 6 months ago on the site it gave it as on arrival but to date it has not yet been released, I purchased this product because as the vr400 was among those who would have updated but at the moment there is no info

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR600
2020-04-04 13:50:47 - last edited 2020-04-04 14:05:21

@Crash2230 

I don't think the VR series will ever support Mesh, I don't think any manufacturer is going to add that function to old equipment when they will want to sell you a new set up with Mesh out of the box, hth.

Little update, the VR400 V3 will be getting Mesh when it's released, whether the V1 and V2's will who knows, all you can do is to wait until the V3 hits the shelves and look for a FW update for your V2, I seriously doubt the 1 & 2 models will be updated for this function as it's business suicide for TP-L to update an already sold unit when they want to as business does sell more new units plus the older V's may not have the correct hardware inside to facilitate this upgrade,

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/onemesh/compatibility/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1

Related Articles