Changing from router to access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 11:01:27 - last edited 2020-04-07 07:34:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi please be patient with me I'm very unskilled with this kind of system but I've managed to set this up and add items,but now reading more on this situation I think it should be in access mode rather than router. What I would like is for someone to confirm that I can just swap through the app but does it mean the items that are set up will be lost and be re paired through my original router password 

any info or links would be great 

thanks col

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changing from router to access-Solution
2020-04-07 07:34:33 - last edited 2020-04-07 07:34:38

@Colw1 

Hi Col, you can switch the operation mode to the access point directly, and there is no other configuration needed. 

But please ensure that there is another router existed otherwise, the Deco working as an AP won't work well. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing from router to access-Solution
2020-04-07 07:34:33 - last edited 2020-04-07 07:34:38

@Colw1 

Hi Col, you can switch the operation mode to the access point directly, and there is no other configuration needed. 

But please ensure that there is another router existed otherwise, the Deco working as an AP won't work well. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options