Possible to Disable WiFi on One Node?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 15:06:51 - last edited 2020-04-07 05:47:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello,

I have the Deco M5 three pack system. I currently am setup as Main router (directly drom ONT) and two wireless nodes. 

I do plan on hardwiring one of them. Is it possible to disable WIFI on one and use as a wired AP instead? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Possible to Disable WiFi on One Node?-Solution
2020-04-07 05:47:14 - last edited 2020-04-07 05:47:20

@Rawnald 

Hi, the wifi function cannot be disabled on the Deco app yet, at least one wireless network should be enabled to manage the Deco network. While if you want to take one Deco and set it up as the wired AP only, you can give it a go by toggling on "hide this network from Wi-Fi lists", then it won't be found by the normal wireless devices. 

And you can connect your devices to it by wired cable to access internet only. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Possible to Disable WiFi on One Node?-Solution
2020-04-07 05:47:14 - last edited 2020-04-07 05:47:20

@Rawnald 

Hi, the wifi function cannot be disabled on the Deco app yet, at least one wireless network should be enabled to manage the Deco network. While if you want to take one Deco and set it up as the wired AP only, you can give it a go by toggling on "hide this network from Wi-Fi lists", then it won't be found by the normal wireless devices. 

And you can connect your devices to it by wired cable to access internet only. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1544

Replies: 1

Related Articles