Router Keeps Dropping Connection On 3G in Wireless Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-21 00:52:12
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.56770n

ISP : 3 UK

My Huawei E3231 dongle gives me a strong signal and stable connection and rarely loses connecton when plugged directly into my laptop. In the router, connection duration only lasts, fairly consistently, about 30 minutes. 3 UK base station is in sight and only about 90metres away. I have to power off/on the router and turn off/on the wireless button on the laptop to restore connection. i've tried setting idle times etc and other things in the router settings but no joy. I am happy to reset the router to default and start again with your instructions if this helps to resolve my problem. The OS is W7 Home Premium SP1.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Keeps Dropping Connection On 3G in Wireless Mode
2013-01-21 15:44:07
Please try move the router to different position to see if you could get a stable connection.
Options
Re:Router Keeps Dropping Connection On 3G in Wireless Mode
2013-01-21 18:34:27
The space between the laptop and router is unimpeded by obstructions and about two metres away from each other. The reason i bought the router was to get the dongle off the laptop because the last one got broken from being knocked whilst in the laptop's usb port which got broken as well...i've broken two usb ports and have only one left now.:)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 2

Related Articles