RE200 irresponsive after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 15:27:52 - last edited 2020-04-05 15:56:41
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I bought my RE200 about on June 30, 2018 (so it might still be in warranty).  Set it up properly, and enjoyed its extended range.

A sequence of erratic events happened yesterday:

1.) the main router was accidentally turned off (so I could still see the two extended channels, but there was no data)

2.) in my bewilderment I pressed the "search" button on the RE200.  Got nothing.

3.) I unplugged RE200, and then plugged it back in.  The two lights (power and range) are on, but I can't detect the two RE200 channels (2.4GHz and 5GHz) anymore.

4.) I realized the snafu is on the router, so went to turn the router back on.

5.) now I can see the router, but I still can't see RE200.

6.) tried RESET with pin.  Got all lights to flash.  The 2.4/5GHz flights flahsed red once.  Now only power and range lights are on.  Still don't see the channels.

7.) no matter which method I try (via manual or Tether App), I do not see the RE200 device anywhere.

The only thing I have not tried is uing a LAN cable to connect to it.

Did the device "lock" itself up?  Or maybe it's a firmware issue, I'm not sure.  But how do I proceed, if I can't detect the device at all?

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE200 irresponsive after reset
2020-04-22 09:30:40

@cwy Please make sure that RE200 is reset, maybe do this again.

Please note that after reset, RE200 wifi will be TP-Link_Extender as the factory dafault one.

The only thing I have not tried is uing a LAN cable to connect to it.

--> Please try this, and share the results. Then I can provide further help

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-05-26 22:00:03
Hi, I'm having the same problem, after reset I can't configure or detect the device at all. I tried with the LAN cable and the same. But with the LAN cable it provided me an IP address: 10.42.0.1 I have no idea why it provided me that IP, but I tried reseting it many times and I couldn't get it fixed . Is there anything else to do? I tried accessing 10.42.0.254 and nothing. I also changed my ip to 10.42.0.2 and tried to access 10.42.0.1 (In case it was overlapping) but nothing. Also, the default gateway for that network is 0.0.0.0.
Options
2020-05-26 23:14:50

I borrowed a LAN line and it still didn't work.  So I ended up going through the whole warranty process to get it replaced.  Altogether it was equivalent to paying ~$14 shipping to get a refurbished RE205.

Options
2020-05-28 10:22:43

@jimenabpose Normally, after reset extender, RE will act as DHCP server and the IP should be 192.168.0.254. And the devices connect to extender will get IP 192.168.0.X

So maybe the reset failed. 

For the reset, please check this How to hard reset TP-Link wireless access points, extenders to factory defaults

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 4

Related Articles