Change language to English on Archer A6 purchased in Taiwan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-06 03:19:52
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I bought this router in Taiwan:

https://www.tp-link.com/tw/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a6/

It works great. The only problem is that I'd like the management console language to be English. The default firmware doesn't seem to provide any options to select language.

I tried install the compatible US firmware as well from here:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201912/20191216/Archer%20A6(US)_V2_191112.zip

The firmware apparently goes thru, but I still don't see anything in English. Is there a way to solve this?

To Archer management: It is possible that customers buy a product in a particular region, but want another language. In 2020, why is this so hard?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change language to English on Archer A6 purchased in Taiwan
2020-04-08 07:53:45

@electronicsguy 

What is the current system language of the Archer A6? 

As far as I know, the US firmware uses English, while the TW firmware uses traditional Chinese. Can you see the language option on the web UI of Archer A6? Please show us a screenshot of the status page. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-09 01:44:54 - last edited 2020-04-09 01:51:19

Currently its Chinese. There is no drop-down option to select a language, that's what this thread is all about. Wondering why in 2020, that is so hard?

The only reason I can think of is you just don't want any language selection there on purpose, though I fail to understand why? How will it harm your business?

Options
2020-04-14 03:15:17
any solution?
Options
2020-05-22 06:12:36

Any update on language change option ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181