Flexible Scheduling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Flexible Scheduling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Flexible Scheduling
Flexible Scheduling
2020-04-06 15:55:08
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Is there a way to change the schedule of the plug so that any day of the month can be chosen. Right now it is just day(s) of the week. 

Here is what I am trying to accomplish and the reason for the request. A few months ago I took a trip and the internet service went out and the modem/route had to be turned off and back on. I now have my router plugged into a HS105 plug to recycle it manually and that takes care of the problem.

What I want to do is schedule the router to shut down for xx minutes and then turn back on for routine maintenance but I do not need that to happen on a weekly basis. I would like to be able to set a schedule for once per month, every 6 weeks or every 2 months. Is this something R&D would consider doing or in the alternative, does anyone have a solution. I am sure there are other examples where this would be useful. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Flexible Scheduling
2020-04-06 23:19:41
Most newer routers have a scheduling option to reboot them. If yours does not, there's really no harm in a weekly reboot, just schedule for a convenient time like when you're sleeping. The longer between reboots the longer you'd need to wait if it dropped while you were away - if you set it for two months you might be home before it was working again... Have you tested how the HS105 behaves after a power outage? The HS1xx's I have come back in the OFF state which would mean you would have no way to get your router back on again until you return. (You can test by unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in).
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 1

Related Articles