Extending wireless network through ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 14:17:29 - last edited 2020-04-08 11:14:21
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a TP-Link Wirelss Repeater 300Mbps wifi Range Extender.

I have a wireless network in my house, but want to extend it into my garage.

I've put the extender in the house as close to the garage as possible, but I think from the size of the walls I can't see the network from the garage.  I've also tried putting the extender in the garage, but then the extender can't see the wireless network in house.

I don't really know how these things work.  But if I run a ethernet cable from my hub in the house out to the garage, then put the extender out in the garage and connect the ethernet cable to the ethernet port.  Does this show up the wireless network in the garage?

I hope this makes sense.

Martin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extending wireless network through ethernet port-Solution
2020-04-08 11:14:14 - last edited 2020-04-08 11:14:21

@MartinF 

Hi Martin, you can configure the TL-WA860RE as the access point to boost wifi signal.

Below is the instruction to set it up: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending wireless network through ethernet port-Solution
2020-04-08 11:14:14 - last edited 2020-04-08 11:14:21

@MartinF 

Hi Martin, you can configure the TL-WA860RE as the access point to boost wifi signal.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extending wireless network through ethernet port
2020-04-08 11:58:10

@Kevin_Z 

That's brilliant, thank you for your answer!!

Kevin_Z wrote

@MartinF 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 2

Related Articles