RE305 Does not work if you want Mac address security on your router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 15:31:10
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have spent so long trying this and with great dispair I have to return teh device.

I have a Virgin Media hub 3.0 with is securely configured with password and mac adressing turn on.

My Mac address table contain 35 devices, all of which connect and work well.

The R305 connected very easily during install as I turned off Mac adresiing.

Once I had captured the DHCP Mac address of the 305, added to my Mac address table and turned it back on that was it - No network connection ****

After many hours of trying different suggsetions I turned to TP - Link support who were not able to offer any solution other that it must be your router !!!

This despite my having 35 Mac addressed devices (Working) and the box saying (COMPATIBLE WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER) LOL

If anyone has cracked this Please Please Please reply before I have pulled every strand of hair from my head

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE305 Does not work if you want Mac address security on your router
2020-04-22 10:12:00

@ReluctantTech Our engineer sent email to you and follow your case, please check that.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 851

Replies: 1

Related Articles