Port forwarding for synology NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 17:43:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello

My networks is setup like in below picture. Lines are rj45 cables. I can access my synology nas fine from my PC that is connected to my router. But from any device connected to Deco via wifi I cannot access the synology. I tried chancing the operating mode to access point and then I can access my Synology over deco wifi. But I would like to keep parental control and Qos in use. 

So I changed operating mode back to router and tried to do some port forwarding but that seems to fail as I cannot see my router or any devices connected to it listed in port forwarding settings for internal ip selection.

Is it possible to get this done?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Port forwarding for synology NAS
2020-04-08 02:27:34

@CaptKalime 

Hi, you need open the port for the Synology NAS on the main router so that the devices connected to Deco M9 Plus can access it with the WAN IP and port number. 

You can contact the tech support of Synology NAS to get the configuration parameters and reach out to the tech support of the main router to enable port forwarding on it. 

Besides, you can use the router as bridge mode and Deco M9 plus as the main router, then all devices will connect to the Deco and they can access each other. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-08 09:03:26

@Kevin_Z 

I tried setting my router to bridge mode but seems it has some issues with bridge and wont work for me. (know issue in router sw)

Also tried to forward Synology ports to M9 but I cannot get them visible on the app. This is the list of ports synoly provides: https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Network/What_network_ports_are_used_by_Synology_services

Do you know what ports I should forward?

Juha

Options
2020-04-09 03:15:48

@CaptKalime 

Hi Juha, the port numbers are decided by the NAS itself, you can contact the tech support of Synology to get some help. 

And you won't be able to see NAS on the Deco app as long as it is connected to the main router directly, while if you open the port on the main router for it, the devices connected to the Deco will be able to access it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-09 06:22:24

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I did open some ports for my NAS from my router but I cannot get the Synology visible in the Deco app. If I connect Synology directly to M9 via rj45 then I can see it on the app and I was able to open the port and access it from outside. But this way I lost wired connection from my PC to Synology. But this proves that this shoud be doable.  

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Network/What_network_ports_are_used_by_Synology_services
This is the list of Synology ports. If you can take a look and give edugated guess what is the port I need to open?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6412

Replies: 4

Related Articles