Deco M5 Intermittent internet connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 05:51:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

Hi,

I have been having issues with my DECO's losing internet.

- I have NBN FTTC, the NBN device appears to be connected.(this device has also been power cycled.)

- The red light is Flashing slowly on the remote DECO's and solid on the main DECO  when the internet is lost

- Cannot acces through the app when this happens.

- No indication to what is causing the problem.

- I have power cycled the devices and left off for 10mins

- Operation mode is Router.

Currently it is working and am awaiting a call back from my ISP.

Options
18 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Intermittent internet connection issues
2020-04-08 08:46:33

@DanDCon I also had a punctual loss of internet when i updated to firmware 1.4.4 and some abandonment of wifi in the smartphone. I have downgraded the firmware and go back to beta 1.4.2. These errors never occurred whit the previous firmware.

Options
2020-04-09 02:12:01

@DanDCon 

Hello, we need do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. What is the internet connection type of Deco? Is it PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

3. When Deco stops working, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. If it is PPPoE, you can create the broadband connection on your PC to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

4. Besides, you can swap the locations of Deco units or switch the slave Deco to the main unit.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-04-09 07:59:05

@Kevin_Z My diagram never changed.
Main deco connected to router by router Lan.Wifi turned off.
Dynamic IP. and three decos more slave
I go back to 1.4.2 and everything is fine. Why was there loss of punctual internet then connect? Why did some device lose Wifi? Why is the vision of the different devices connected to the Wi-Fi network worse and does it cost a lot for everyone to appear, even one does not appear?

Options
2020-04-09 08:26:49

@Kevin_Z 

1. From the main phone line to the nbn fttc box then from the nhn fttc box wan port to the deco m5 from the deco m5 to a switch from the switch to the other deco m5's. 

2.PPPoE

3. The deco stops working intermittently. At the moment it lasts until about 4pm then has issues, could it be a heat issue? 

4. Done

Thanks 

Options
2020-04-10 03:48:34
Still have same problem, randomly disconnects internet and remote DECO's which have ethernet backhaul. Only since Latest firmware was installed.
Options
2020-04-10 07:35:42

@DanDCon It only happened to me when updating to the latest official firmware 1.4.4. But downgraded to the previous firmware  (it is a beta) which is the one I was using and everything went back to normal, the mesh system with my four decos m5, works well, with firmware 1.4.2

Cheers.

Options
2020-04-11 13:14:40
Hey, Same problem here. See https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/202628
Options
2020-04-12 22:04:35

@Kiu 

It looks like this latest firmware does not like router mode, I replaced my old hardware for my Internet connection and setup up the decos back to access point mode and haven't had an issue since. 

Options
2020-04-15 04:32:29

Looks like the issues of intermittent connection is still here. unsure what to do next, is there a more reliable product availble?

Options
2020-04-30 13:45:42

@Kevin_Z Good morning. Confinement gives for many things.
I want to apologize for this and some more hasty post, regarding the firmware update 1.4.4 for Decos M5.
I commented that I had to downgrade to beta firmware 1.4.2 and I did so. I decided to give the 1.4.4 firmware another chance, I reinstalled it and I can say that it works perfectly for me, even better than 1.4.2, I think the first day I installed this firmware, a five-minute storm was the culprit for the failures that I perceived. and rush to degrade.
I apologize to TP-Link to Kevin and all the foreros who have been able to read my unfortunate post, judging firmware 1.4.4 as faulty. It works great for me!
Health for all

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8069

Replies: 18

Related Articles