Deco E4 - How to Add New Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 08:46:43
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Have been following the Deco app and eventually managed to install three E4 units (even the one that started flashing red) and connected one device to all 3 of them.

And then there's nothing - the app just gives you nothing more. How do I connect additional devices (iphone/ipads) to the same Deco E4 units? There's no information on the app, nothing here in the FAQs, and unfortunately both online chat and an email to Technical Support have been unable to answer such a basic question. Feel like a complete fool for having to ask a forum, but am just at a total dead end.

Thanks for any help

Tom

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4 - How to Add New Device
2020-04-09 02:22:39

@Tom_R 

Hi Tom, what is the current network diagram? And what is the led status of the Deco E4 right now? 

After the initial setup, you will see the Deco's wireless network you created, and you can connect the wireless devices to the Deco's wifi with the password; for the wired devices, you can connect it to the LAN port of the Deco E4. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Deco E4 - How to Add New Device
2020-04-09 09:16:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for replying. You must have hit 10k posts by now?

Unfortunately am not technical enough to understand what you mean by 'current network diagram', sorry! All the units seem to be working fine, and with my first device am able to move around freely and stay connected. There is a slight delay when first connecting each time, but am getting used to that.

Think your second para has hit the spot though. I didn't know if you could just take each device and connect it through the normal Wi-Fi 'connect to network' process, or if you needed to download the Deco app on each device. The second option didn't make sense given the step when connecting the first time where the Deco unit had to be flashing blue (which you only got by switching the power off - doing that for each device, for 3 units each time felt strange so I didn't do it).

Will give your simple suggestion a go later and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Tom

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 922

Replies: 2