Sky Fibre Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 20:15:29 - last edited 2020-04-09 13:31:47
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having looked into alternatives to the standard Sky Q modem/router (due to poor wireless strength and no QoS options) I decided on a VR2800, however I'm having significant issues in actually connecting back to Sky Fibre Unlimited. 

I've run through the quick setup, creating the appropriate WiFi channels and selecting Sky_MER (VDSL) as the internet option.  All lights are white and solid except for the internet light, which is orange. Network connection diagnosis indicates that the router can't find an outside connection.

I have noted that various guides re: connecting to Sky talk of entering a username and password but that's never been an option for me and having trawled the internet I'm stumped as to the cause.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sky Fibre Connection Issues-Solution
2020-04-09 13:31:36 - last edited 2020-04-09 13:31:47

Should anyone else encounter this issue, you need to log in with an actual computer, NOT a phone browser or even the dedicated tether app, or the fields won't appear.  Ridiculous.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky Fibre Connection Issues-Solution
2020-04-09 13:31:36 - last edited 2020-04-09 13:31:47

Should anyone else encounter this issue, you need to log in with an actual computer, NOT a phone browser or even the dedicated tether app, or the fields won't appear.  Ridiculous.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1015

Replies: 1

Related Articles