Manual DNS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Manual DNS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Manual DNS not working
Manual DNS not working
2020-04-09 09:09:50
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20191117

Hi,

I have manually set the DNS to Cisco Umbrella but once applied my IOS devices fail to connect to the WIFI network.

windows laptop takes the change fine with no issues.

If i remove the DNS & set this back to automatic (ISP) the devices connect instantly again.

Manually changing the DNS on the iphone works fine.

Has anyone had issues changing the DNS on the DECO from auto to manual?

Thank you 

Andy

Options
2 Reply
Re:Manual DNS not working
2020-04-10 02:01:52

@mitch1973 

Hi Andy, after you set the DNS to the cisco umbrella manually, is iOS device still connected to the Deco's wifi but no internet access or it fails to connect to the TP-Link wifi? 

If it is the former one, please check its IP address and gateway, DNS server obtained. You can ping the DNS you set it up manually and show us the ping results. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Manual DNS not working
2020-04-10 05:28:30

@Kevin_Z  that's the problem it struggles to connect to the WiFi.

when is does it doesn't get an ip mask or gateway....meaning no internet connectivity's.

this is a pain because my phone is not connected to the same WiFi as the app and can't reverse the change.

there is no routing issues and if I change the dns manually on the phone only it works fine.

issue is related to the deco for some strange reason.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1138

Replies: 2

Related Articles