Manually switch to 2.4ghz or 5ghz for insividual devices for deco m4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-09 20:47:27 - last edited 2020-04-13 06:03:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hi guys dont know of this has been posted or not.

Recently purchased this deco unit to fix my wifi signal issue in 2 lvl house and it is great.

I just updated the firmware to 1.1 but i want to know is there a way to switch wifi speed 2.4ghz or 5ghz for individual devices on the phone app? Or so i have to go to the brower base ip address?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Manually switch to 2.4ghz or 5ghz for insividual devices for deco m4
2020-04-22 10:19:02

@S15jake 

Deco uses the same name and password for the 2.4G and 5G, so it's unable to connect a client to a specific band manually when 2.4G and 5G are enabled. However, you can switch off 2.4G or 5G with the Deco app if you want to connect all your device to a Wi-Fi band.

Options
2020-04-23 01:22:03

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for the reply. Would this function be noted on the next big update?

It would be fantastic if we could control which device can use 5ghz and which can use 2.4ghz.

Rather then the deco doing it automaticly. We could do it manually and prioritise devices that need faster speed please.

Thank you

Options
2020-04-24 11:56:27

@S15jake 

We will keep recording the same kind of request. Then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it. 
If there are any updates, we will upload it to our official website. It is suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-27 12:15:08

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@S15jake 

We will keep recording the same kind of request. Then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it. 
If there are any updates, we will upload it to our official website. It is suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

@TP-Link_Deco 

That would be great, thanks!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2551

Replies: 4