Deco M9 in AP mode disconnects other devices when phone gets back in range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-10 07:00:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Added 2 Deco M9 Plus units in AP mode to my network.

One AP is directly connected to the modem/router unit, other AP is connected upstairs on a switch.

When 2 phones are connected to the network, and phone1 gets out of range, and comes back in range, during the reconnection, phone2 gets kicked off the network.

Also experiencing during the reconnection period complains from phone1 about invalid password.

Is this normal behaviour, or can this somehow fixed?

Is it also expected that both AP units are using the same WiFi channels?

Is there no option to change the WiFi channel, to prevent interference from the neighbours?

Both this setup to upgrade the network, but right now it is causing more headache...

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 in AP mode disconnects other devices when phone gets back in range
2020-04-22 10:33:35

@Wall--E 

Hello, in your case, when connecting a PC to your modem/router directly, what's the IP address on your PC?

Is your network diagram: internet--modem/router--Deco 1--switch-- Deco 2 (-- means Ethernet cable)? What's the model number of the switch?

If Deco 1 and Deco 2 in the same Deco network, they use the same channel. Currently, there is no channel option on the Deco, but we have the plan to add such an option in the future, please wait patiently.

Good day!

Options
Re:Deco M9 in AP mode disconnects other devices when phone gets back in range
2020-04-22 10:58:04

@TP-Link_Deco 

The setup is/was not exactly as mentioned..

Setup is as below:

internet--modem/router--Deco 1

--switch-- Deco 2

--switch2 -- Deco 3

To explain, Deco1 is directly connected to the modem/router (which is a Horizon Connect Box from Ziggo)

From the Connect Box a cable goes to a NetGear GS108 switch, to which the Deco2 was connected to.

From the Connect Box one more cable goes to a D-Link DI-524P setup as switch, to which the Deco3 was connected to.

The installation used the same channel as my Connect Box was using (switched if off after performing the setup)

After experiencing the issues, before bringing the stuff back to the store, decided to give it one more try, and reset the units.

And, for some reason, now the system is using a different channel, and is working without any detected issues.

I don't think the IP address of my laptop makes any difference, but it is in the range 192.168.1.0/24, and got assigned from my own DHCP server.

No clue what is currently different as what I had the first time, used the same procedure... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 2

Related Articles