Archer AX6000 2.4 ghz not working again.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 17:50:32
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Yes I have latest firmware. Yes I have gone through every troubleshooting method with phone support. Yes I had to pay you to replace a faulty product with what is now my second faulty product. Honestly charging me $15 seems much like a scam. This is an issue that has been brought up several times by several people yet each time you act like it is something new. I just want to know if you guys even plan to fix this or if I should cut my losses and take my business elsewhere. I do know I will not pay $15 again to ship this paperweight back to you.

Options
35 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 2.4 ghz not working again.
2020-06-01 16:47:18

@bowb4myfeet This is exactly what I didn't want to see upon searching the Internets for "Archer AX6000 2.4GHz not working". Everything else works fine and yet, as of yesterday afternoon, 2.4GHz stops working...a reboot fixes it each time, but come on now, this shouldn't be happening "out of the blue". Much like you, no changes made to the system and, up to yesterday, it was working flawlessly (way better than the Asus device I came from). This thing isn't even 6 months old. WTH?

Options
2020-06-21 12:36:05

@CrazyHick Has there been a fix for this. 
My 2.4g keeps disappearing at least three times a week and it's starting to get me down. I have to go into settings and turn off 5g and then comes back on.

Thanks.

Options
2020-06-21 16:52:18 - last edited 2020-06-21 16:58:09

@Nando10 I was experiencing this problem, random, out of the blue. Then, one day not so long ago, TP-Link released a firmware update (or at least I was notified of one)...one of the included fixes (so they say) was to resolve wireless issues. I updated my firmware and haven't had this 2.4Ghz magic trick (watch me disappear) since, but wait! NOW, a couple times over the past week, I've seen some of my 2.4GHz devices seemingly get kicked off and repeatedly attempt to reconnect (only to fail). What's odd is they are TP-Link/Kasa Smartplugs. Whaaa? Tried a number of things...restart the problematic Smartplugs, nope. Turn off 2.4GHz/5GHz and turn back on, nope. The only soulution I've discovered is REEEEBOOOT the Archer.

I don't understand how it could be so hard to fix this problem...this is most definitely a TP-Link problem...how do I know? Simple. I have an Asus AC wireless environment running side-by-side and it doesn't have this many problems with 2.GHz...in fact, ZERO problems. I only bought into the AX platform because, marketing scam that it is, I was looking to connect more (and more) devices without clogging the network AND this router claim(ed) it could handle it. Not. So. Fast. This is what I get for going back to the bleeding edge (I've repeatedly told myself to JUS' STOP IT). I'll never learn.

Options
2020-06-23 22:04:32

@CrazyHick I had done the firmware update a few weeks ago and have had a different problem everysingle day. I've had to factory restart every device connected via WiFi including all my Amazon devices, ring, Chromecast, wyze, MyQ, wemo, phones, iPads. The new one as of yesterday is it kicks everything off the 2.4g until it feels like working. Aka, usually 3-4 reboot cycles. How can such a big company release a firmware update with THIS MANY bugs? Figure your firmware out prior to releasing to public. 

Options
2020-06-24 02:14:24

@Bigpatty64 @CrazyHick 

Hi, apologies for all trouble or issue you've encountered with this AX6000 router, to be honest, the R&D is working really hard to keep improving the router's working stability and performance which may take long, but we are always acting positively to follow up every customer's feedback or issue, so we hope you could give us more patience.

Back to the issue you guys reported here, can you please try some troubleshooting suggestions first and see if we could make it work properly?

1. Please try to change the 2.4G wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, save it.

2. Go to Guest Network and enable 'Allow Guests to Access Each Other', save and reboot the router.

BTW, all of the smart devices are working on the 2.4G wireless? Were they connecting fine with the older firmware of the AX6000?

Options
2020-06-24 14:19:44

@Kevin_Z Personally speaking, I appreciate you acknowledging/responding. Being in the IT field myself, I realize nothing is perfect and, with all the tech out t/here, no amount of R&D can account for every possible scenario.

In my younger years, I'd have ZERO problem with being a test bunny for a platform I believe in. I was an early adopter of the Blink for Home and Fing products; I'd like to believe that my involvement, although minor, helped each get where they are today. I recently decided to put those days behind me. Now, I just want go to work, get "stuff" done and come home and not have to fiddle with things to make them work. That said:

1. My 2.4GHz is set to WPA2-PSK/AES -- It always has been. I wouldn't even consider using anything else at this point.  :0)

2. Do I have to enable the GUEST network? I don't have, nor do I want it, enabled.

In my case, all of the IOT devices that connect to 2.4GHz had/have been connecting/working fine, even before I applied the latest firware update. Then, one day, things went terribly wrong. As I stated in a previous post, after the latest firmware update, I am no longer dealing with the 2.4GHz network mysteriously dissappearing, but now some/most of my KASA/TP-LINK smartplugs seemingly show a flashing blue light. It doesn't happen every day or at the same time of day. Additionally, it's not always the same ones that do it (I have some HS105s and 110s, approximately 15 in total), but when one does, I find a few others doing the same. In other words, it's never been just a single smartplug. I check other aspects of the environment (I use the Fingbox and Fing app to monitor activity) and am able to confirm that other devices (irrigation, speakers, streaming, thermostats, etc.) are operating normally. The only thing I've found that corrects the problem is RESTART the Archer. I've tried finagling with settings (I.e., with or without a restart schedule) here and there, but go back to my previous/saved config when such attempts fail to achieve success (same ole same ole).

Again, your (TP-LINK) acknowledgement and communication is much appreciated. I hope this quirkiness gets resolved soon or else I may have to re-consider my investment in the Archer product.

Options
2020-06-24 16:44:30

@Kevin_Z 

I've bought this router and found that both phones under AX mode for 2.4 keeps dissconecting and hence makes unusable this band, the only way it works is connecting to AX 5Ghz band or chaning 2.4 from AX to b/g/n mode.

Saw on previous posts that a firmware with a fix was released on the below url:

https://www.tp-link.com/mx/support/faq/2751/

However My router is not listed, can you provide the firmware for this router that fixes this issue.

Options
2020-06-24 19:05:17

It seems that's exactly the same problem we all have with Archer C6 V2 since upgrading to 1.3.0

Now I'm on 1.3.6 beta and I still have disconnects with my 2.4 GHz Iot devices like shelly.cloud.

crying

Using a xiaomi redmi ac2100 in the same infrastructure as an access point for 3 days there are no problems at all!

Options
2020-06-25 16:46:18

Add me to the list on 1.1.0 Build 20200427 rel.80857 and 2.4 barely working. Sonos system is almost always offline now, can't connect some smart home products that are 2.4 only, and whenever our phones switch to 2.4, the connection is spotty.

We need an update like yesterday. Is there no way to rollback to the previous firmware? Is there a beta we can try? It's already been a week on this bad firmware. I don't want to wait longer.

Options
2020-07-28 15:45:13

@bowb4myfeet I assume nobody has found a fix yet. I have until August 17th to return this so I was hoping to find a solution. I also had issues with Archer AC4000 so maybe it's time for me to abandon TP-Link altogether (although I was already making the mistake again looking into the Deco X20). For now, I have switched my 2.4 GHz to exclude AX but it's only been 2 hours so we'll see over the next few days if I have any 2.4 GHz dropout. 

My issue is all devices being kicked off of the 2.4 GHz and it still being visible on my phone but unable to connect. This is about 40 devices all kicked off within 30 seconds (I can watch the number drop in the tether app). This has been happening increasingly over the last couple of days, at least once a day if not up to three times.

Options