Deco M5 Firmware not properly upgraded

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 12:22:22
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

A couple of days ago I was trying to set up ethernet backhaul between 2 slave decos when I noticed a new firmware upgrade. All the slave decos were connected to the main deco when I started the upgrade (1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392). I upgraded from the app on android btw. When the update was done I continued my ethernet backhaul operation when I noticed that one of the decos was disconnected (no wifi from it, and it was flashing orange as far as I remember. I checked the app and it said the deco was fine and working. I then checked the firmware update and I noticed that my other 2 decos were running on 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392 whilst this slave deco was running on 1.1.5 Build 20170820 Rel. 00000. I have tried upgrading the firmware manually many times now but can't get the slave deco to upgrade itself. Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Firmware not properly upgraded
2020-04-22 12:36:15

@JuliusLee 

Hi, you can refer to the following steps to have a try.

1. Reset the Deco with the old firmware.

2. Disconnect the main Deco and the modem.

3. Connect the Deco with the old firmware to the modem directly, then create a new Deco network for this Deco.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2295/

4. After it's configured, please update the firmware via the Deco app. Then reset it again when it has the latest firmware.

5. Connect the main Deco back to the modem, then add the Deco with the latest firmware back to the original Deco network.

Options