Deco M4 offline after AP mode but still working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 14:06:23 - last edited 2020-04-13 14:08:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.18

Hello,

I've recently bought the Deco M4 and I love it. Works great. I initially set it up with the router setting. I noticed my desktop computer cannot connect to wifi devices anymore. My Desktop is connected directly to my ISP's modem and is given an IP in 192.168.1.x range. Deco range is different so they can't interact. I now used the app to put the deco's in access point mode, and it works fine, all are in the same network now. One problem though. When I look in the app, all my deco's are offline and on the devices itself the leds are red. Its weird because the deco's are still working and my wifi devices are still connected through them and working. They are even switched between the deco's. What am I doing wrong or is this working as intended?

Thanks,

Jaco 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 offline after AP mode but still working
2020-04-24 12:29:50

@jacovg91 

The problem may be related to your network diagram, would you please describe your network diagram in detail? Which Deco is connected to which, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? 

Is there a switch in your network? If so, what's the model number?

When your clients connected to Deco's network, what's the IP address and default gateway on your clients?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 1

Related Articles