Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 17:56:16 - last edited 2021-04-20 07:31:08
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 2020115 Rel 04683 (Beta)

Hi,

My DHCP Range keeps randomly changing I am using a Deco P9 and everything will be working then suddenly it will cut out for a few minutes then I will just get presented with my Lan IP (DHCP Range) will change for example it started on 192.168.68.XXX then it moved to 192.168.0.XXX and now it seems to be on 192.168.3.XXX 

Has anyone else experienced this issue as it's now driving nuts and just randomly happens

Cheers,

Rob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)-Solution
2020-12-07 11:59:57 - last edited 2021-04-27 10:04:34

@Duz 

Hi, it is more related to the IP conflict;

And Deco will use the following information to detect whether there is a conflict.

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN IP+subnet mask

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN DNS+ subnet mask

If there is a conflict, Deco will change the LAN IP automatically, especially after a reboot.

Please have a check on your APP to see whether there is such a conflict;

In order to solve this issue, there are some suggestions for your reference;

1. Change the WAN DNS to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4(https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/), then leave the ISP-assigned DNS as the LAN DNS server;

2. If there is a local device that you want to set up as the WAN DNS, for example,  Raspberry Pi-Hole, it would definitely cause IP conflict, and please leave it as the Lan DNS server;

And we are optimizing the IP conflict detection mechanism now; It would be highly appreciated that you could leave me a private message about your network diagram so that we could collect more details about users' real needs.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)
2020-04-13 20:45:41

@Kingbobski 

Hi there could you provide more information on your setup.

Options
2020-06-18 15:46:23

@Kingbobski This exact same thing is happening to me, it's driving me nuts as it renders my pihole useless as the IP address for the pihole device keeps changing, making the DNS address unreachable.

it goes from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.4.x to 192.168.68.x  

I have no clue why these host address keep changing randomly.  Makes this whole system rather useless

Kingbobski wrote

Hi,

My DHCP Range keeps randomly changing I am using a Deco P9 and everything will be working then suddenly it will cut out for a few minutes then I will just get presented with my Lan IP (DHCP Range) will change for example it started on 192.168.68.XXX then it moved to 192.168.0.XXX and now it seems to be on 192.168.3.XXX 

Has anyone else experienced this issue as it's now driving nuts and just randomly happens

Cheers,

Rob

Options
2020-11-20 23:34:02

Just found this thread. Happens to me with my M9 setup too.

Options
2020-12-05 10:48:26

This is happening to me now too. Bloody disgraces. 

Options
Re:Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)-Solution
2020-12-07 11:59:57 - last edited 2021-04-27 10:04:34

@Duz 

Hi, it is more related to the IP conflict;

And Deco will use the following information to detect whether there is a conflict.

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN IP+subnet mask

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN DNS+ subnet mask

If there is a conflict, Deco will change the LAN IP automatically, especially after a reboot.

Please have a check on your APP to see whether there is such a conflict;

In order to solve this issue, there are some suggestions for your reference;

1. Change the WAN DNS to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4(https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/), then leave the ISP-assigned DNS as the LAN DNS server;

2. If there is a local device that you want to set up as the WAN DNS, for example,  Raspberry Pi-Hole, it would definitely cause IP conflict, and please leave it as the Lan DNS server;

And we are optimizing the IP conflict detection mechanism now; It would be highly appreciated that you could leave me a private message about your network diagram so that we could collect more details about users' real needs.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-02-18 13:25:24

@TP-Link 

How soon will this be fixed? Please provide us with an update, thanks. It sounds like the issue is being worked on which is a relief, but confirmation of this would be very reassuring.

Options
2021-04-10 19:21:18

Can confirm this is still happening, and it takes my entire house network down. What's the point of having address reservations and trying to preserve static LAN IP addresses if the router will just change them? How do you stop the router from randomly changing its LAN IP and DHCP range?

Options
2021-04-18 03:36:50

@TP-Link any update for us? This has been an issue for so long. I'm beginning to give up hope. Definitely makes me want to not consider TP-Link at all when it comes time to upgrade. I'm too scared to set a static IP for DNS servers because I know it will take down my whole network after a few days. Please respond!

Options
2021-04-27 10:11:04

@flashVenom 

Hi, could you please refer to the recommended solutions to have a check whether there is an IP conflict?

And, we are optimizing the IP conflict detection mechanism now; It would be highly appreciated that you could leave me a private message about your network diagram so that we could collect more details about users' real needs

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-13 18:36:56

This just happened to me today and when I try to change it back it simply tells me "failed to save your settings, please try again later" Also Deco M9 plus. Will not continue with TP link should this continue to happen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3999

Replies: 21

Related Articles