Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Lan IP (DHCP Range keeps changing)
2021-05-14 03:40:24

@zyzz 

Hi, Could you please refer to the recommended solution to check whether there is an IP conflict?

At the same time, it would be highly appreciated to provide me some details about the network diagram/usage scenario so that we would improve the IP conflict detection mechanism;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-12 14:52:01

This is happening to me on a DECO AX5700. Spent $400 in a buggy product.

Options
2021-12-17 10:46:11

@TP-Link For the sake of the thread I'll just post a crude diagram of what I assume is a very normal setup. Not sure if you're after something way more complicated (with IPs of everything and hostnames, device type, etc. there would be over 30 things on my network which is all the smart home stuff) but I can't imagine how any piHole setup would be much different than this... and not able to be solved many years after product release. Here I am on this board 6 months later and still no progress on patching this. Most of us aren't IT experts. If I'm reading the issue correctly, the DNS needs to be hardwired on LAN for the IPs avoiding conflicts? I've always assigned a static IP to my piholes with the last number available on DHCP mask (usually 255)

https://imgur.com/a/kFvQ16e

Options
2022-01-08 18:07:30

@TP-Link so a pi-hole cannot work with a Deco?

Options
2022-01-08 19:51:16
I had this because I put the DNS servers in the Advanced -> IPv4 settings instead of the DHCP settings followed by a reboot. Putting it under IPv4 causes an IP conflict and it changes the IP range. (Using a Deco X20 mesh router)
Options
2022-02-03 17:11:28

Happens to my M9+ too.

When the Main Deco reboots, the local IP changes too (from my setting to -->> 192.168.0.1).

Add to that--- when my internet goes down fo a moment (power interruption or ISP fault), the main deco remains with red LED lit (no internet). It will ONLY go green (with internet) when I remove for a few seconds the Ethernet cable connecting the Deco to my modem. After this, my Deco assigns a new local IP address (usually 192.168.0.1).

Options
2022-02-03 19:13:16

Can't believe this still has been resolved, I've moved on from my Deco's now. I've moved over Asus as the firmware on these Deco's were always really buggy. Never buying a set again. 

Options
2022-02-04 03:25:22

@noelicus But you still have to use something for the DNS servers on WAN, and you can't use the LAN IP.

Options
2022-02-04 03:26:59
It's been "resolved" in the sense that you can run the DNS server on LAN, but then, to my understanding, you can't use that IP as DNS server IP on WAN. I'm still trying to work around this. For example, I believe piHole can run two IPs - so use one for Lan and one for WAN. I haven't tried this yet.
Options
2022-03-29 11:30:28 - last edited 2022-03-30 02:51:42

@Bob111 HI, I haven't been told Archer router might have the same logic as Deco and could you please have a look at this link and check whether your current issue is like this:

Cannot set DNS server to a local subnet address

If not, it is suggested to start a new thread with more details.

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles