Deco P7 network not receiving Airplay (speakers) from other local subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 14:45:14
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190704 rel 46693

Hello,

My setup is as follows:

1. My modem splits the Internet signal from a coax cable and provides a 192.168.0.x subnet to a couple of wired devices including a Raspberry Pi. One of these is the main Deco.

2. The main Deco acts as a Router and provides the 192.168.68.x subnet via DHCP to all mobile clients, among which a bunch of iPads / iPhones / Macs.

3. The Raspberry Pi broadcasts (multicasts) its audio capabilities via AirPlay/Bonjour within the 192.168.0.x subnet and is verified working.

4. The Decos do apparently not pick up the AirPlay signal from the Raspberry Pi and/or at least are not redistributing this to the 192.168.68.x subnet.

I tried switching Deco to Access Point mode, but no luck. Now I've read something about the Bonjour protocol only having a TTL of 1 so allowing for at most 1 hop and hence not allowing to traverse to a different subnet.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Thanks, Viktor

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P7 network not receiving Airplay (speakers) from other local subnet
2020-04-24 15:19:11
Basically I have similar problem, I can't airplay from my computer on the deco mash network to my audio receiver on the same network. As far as I know Deco do not support multicast and that's why airplay and similar other things do not work. If I knew it doesn't work I wouldn't but deco. I hope it is a functionality that can be supported via a firmware update and TP Link dev team thinks of implementing it...
Options
2021-01-03 22:14:04

@aytek Yes I also agree that I believe Deco mesh has major issues with Airplay.

I have several airport express for the purpose of Airplay.

It is so inconsistent my ability to use them.

My homepods have issues where some play some dont.

Maybe 5% of the time I ask to play a speaker through Airport Express it doesn't work.

None of this was an issue with my Time Capsule that I had a month or so ago (I replaced this with the Deco).

I am in the process of waiting for Eero Pros to get here (supposedly they are Homekit and my hope is they will be much more compatible with Airplay).

If it works, I will be selling these Decos.

Options
2021-01-04 02:02:54

@gdsrwq421 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

For your case, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

PS: if anyone had the same issue, please feel free to leave me a private message for notice.:-D

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1179

Replies: 3

Related Articles