Connection issues with deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 15:49:52
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

I have bought a set of 3 P9s, and while initial setup is pretty easy, It won't provide reliable internet.

I'm working from home these days but every now and then my internet connection just drops, it will say its connected to the wifi, but it will not provide internetconnectivity.

I tried switching from Routermode to AP-mode as I'm behind a provided router so that seems logical, turned on fast roaming, but all that didn't help.

Can anybody please help me out?

V1 hardware - 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168 firmware

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection issues with deco P9
2020-04-26 09:48:53

@HJB2020 

Please help to confirm the following information about your problem.

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. What is the led status of the Deco P9 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. When the problem occurs, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly by an Ethernet cable, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one slave Deco to the main Deco.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 1

Related Articles