Deco M4 multicast IPTV setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 09:17:53 - last edited 2024-01-29 07:09:10
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel.76172

Hi, 

I'm trying to understand if and how I can build the setup for IPTV with Deco M4 described in the attached drawing.

Genear idea is to use Deco mesh from one room to another without cable, but with working IPTV.

Tried different setups, but nothing is working. 

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Dobromir

File:
deco iptv setup plan.pdfDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 multicast IPTV setup-Solution
2020-10-20 08:57:46 - last edited 2024-01-29 07:09:47

@yro 

Update:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 multicast IPTV setup
2020-04-27 09:33:01

@Dobri 

Hi,

In your network diagram, the main Deco can only connect to the internet from your ONT router and provide internet access to the slave Deco, it's unable to send the IPTV signal at the same time.

Good day.

Options
2020-10-19 11:02:36

@TP-Link_Deco Hi, I'm able to share my IPTV connection to another M4 by connecting the main M4 to the ISP router (itself connected to WAN). My main M4 is in router mode but without any VLAN/IPTV setup. I would like to get rid of the ISP router and do the VLAN/IPTV setup by my own but it doesn't work. My ISP would apparently require internet VLAN to be on 10 and IPTV vlan to be on 30. It would also require "multicast" but I don't find any option for that.
Based on the response you provided to @Dobri it seems that it is impossible to do. Is there any Tp-link product that would allow this ?

Thx in advance.

Options
Re:Deco M4 multicast IPTV setup-Solution
2020-10-20 08:57:46 - last edited 2024-01-29 07:09:47

@yro 

Update:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-20 13:24:18

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, 

Thank you for the guide.

I have multiple TV boxes so activating IPTV will unfortunately limit it to the main Deco. Any other option ? 
Deco M9 Plus and Deco M5 are mentioned on the reference guide you provided (on fr-be version only). Is it related to that feature (use ethernet of satellite Deco) ?

Will this come on M4 firmware update ?

Regards,

yro

Options
2020-10-21 06:32:27

@yro 

Hi, thanks for getting back.

When we enable the IPTV feature on the Deco network, we can only connect the IPTV box to the main Deco's ethernet port, there is currently no other option, sorry about that. While you can confirm with your IPTV or service provider that if you are allowed to connect multiple TV boxes on your line, and if the answer is yes, you may try to plug a switch to the main Deco, which should be an alternative.

The Deco M4 also supports Ethernet backhaul, you can just connect them to each other with an Ethernet cable and the Ethernet backhaul will take effect automatically.

Nice day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4320

Replies: 5

Related Articles