Deco M5 issue with only my phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 01:18:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221

I installed my deco M5 system a few months ago. I have the main Deco connected directly to my modem from my ISP. I also have two decos spread throughout the house to provide coverage. The only real issue I have had from the beginning is that when my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is connected to the wifi, the entire system stops working. It is only my phone that does this. My wife has the same exact phone and has no issues. I have looked and I cannot really find out what I need to do to fix this issue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 issue with only my phone
2020-04-16 02:23:29

@Gradypf When you mention that the entire system stops working, please kindly provide more details as below.

1. Could you still see Deco's Wi-Fi network on your phone or your wife's phone?

2. When the issue occurs, please kindly check the WLAN details on your phone, including the IP address and gateway info.

3. What's the LED status on the main Deco and other slave Deco units?

4. When you reproduce the issue again, please kindly connect a PC to the main Deco via an Ethernet cable, then log in to Deco's Web UI and go to Advanced -> System -> System Log, and check if there are any errors reported.

Regarding your Samsung phone, please kindly check if its Android version is the same as your wife's. If not, it's recommended to update the OS first.

In addition, please also kindly check if you have set a static IP address on the Samsung phone. If yes, please change it to obtain the IP address automatically.

Options
2020-04-16 11:12:07

@TP-Link_Deco 

1. Yes. Network is still visible  

2. What am I checking for? There's an iP address. I dont see gateway info. 

3. Turns solid yellow

4. Dont have computer with ethernet port. 

Options
2020-04-24 11:32:45

@Gradypf 

Does your phone's OS version the same as your wife's phone? If not, you can try to update the OS version on your phone.

Options
2020-04-24 12:38:54

@TP-Link_Deco got it figured out so if anyone else has this issue, maybe this will help. 

Connected phone to wifi and waited for the problem to happen again. Noticed a significant uptick in upload bandwidth being used. My internet is 30/3 and my phone was using all 3 mbps and more of upload capacity. I opened up settings and found my wifi usage stats and discovered that samsung cloud had used a ton of wifi data and cell data (thank God I have unlimited). I had to figure out how to stop Samsung cloud from backing things up all the time since Google already does that for me. Once I got that stopped, everything worked fine and has for a week. 

Options
2020-04-26 07:58:03

@Gradypf 

Glad to hear that you have solved the problem and thank you very much for your sharing.

Options