Deco E4 ping spikes - intermittent connession

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 11:22:26
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

i'm experiencing ping spikes and intermittent connession with my Deco E4.

Every 10 seconds, if I try to ping the Deco, I see spikes above 300 of ping. Even just random browsing is unusable

As suggested in other threads, i've tried switching off IPV6, firewalls and everything immaginable. I switched the Decos to Access point mode, i've tried setting the QoS, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

The strange fact is that when my Deco is connected i see a lot of spikes even if I connect through Ethernet on my main router. It's like Deco is forcing the entire network causing the ping spikes.

When I unplug the E4, everything is fine.

Also, when I upload something for more than 10 seconds, the entire network crashes and I can't navigate. This also doesn't occour if the Decos are unplugged.

It's not my main modem / router, because in order to solve the problem I even rooted it and installed a custom firmware, but despite this i'm not able to solve the problem.

I think there's a firmware issue.

I've read a lot of threads on this forum, so i've already tried a lot of solutions but nothing seems to work. Maybe downgrading could solve the issue?

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco E4 ping spikes - intermittent connession
2020-04-27 10:16:50

@bsye 

Hi, 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect your Deco units and main modem/router together? Via wired or wireless? Is there a switch connected to the Deco?

Have you configured QoS on the Deco? If so, please disable it and cancel the high priority for your devices.

When did you buy the Deco and when did the problem started?

Options
2020-05-18 08:42:52

@bsye 

Hello bsye, 

I hope you can temporary solve this issue by turnning - off Mesh Technology on affected device (on Deco application).

Options
2020-08-08 14:17:24
Hi Just sharing i just buy Deco E4 2 weeks a go with E4R(1.0) Firmware version 1.1.1 Build 20191216 Rel. 62031 And i am having ping RTO or spike to 3000ms when connecting to the 2nd Deco. Try with multiple device phone laptop , usb wifi dongle all show same behaviour ISP Indihome Router -> Main Deco via wired -> 2nd Deco via wifi
Options
2020-09-10 09:13:54

The same thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201302?replyId=488604&utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email

Options
2021-02-01 07:37:43

@bsye 

Just bough Deco E4R (2 pack) yesterday. After configure and update to FW Ver 1.4.3 Build 20200918 rel 44982 found ping lost frequently. Also caused lag when Gaming online with laptop.

bsye wrote

Hi,

i'm experiencing ping spikes and intermittent connession with my Deco E4.

Every 10 seconds, if I try to ping the Deco, I see spikes above 300 of ping. Even just random browsing is unusable

As suggested in other threads, i've tried switching off IPV6, firewalls and everything immaginable. I switched the Decos to Access point mode, i've tried setting the QoS, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

The strange fact is that when my Deco is connected i see a lot of spikes even if I connect through Ethernet on my main router. It's like Deco is forcing the entire network causing the ping spikes.

When I unplug the E4, everything is fine.

Also, when I upload something for more than 10 seconds, the entire network crashes and I can't navigate. This also doesn't occour if the Decos are unplugged.

It's not my main modem / router, because in order to solve the problem I even rooted it and installed a custom firmware, but despite this i'm not able to solve the problem.

I think there's a firmware issue.

I've read a lot of threads on this forum, so i've already tried a lot of solutions but nothing seems to work. Maybe downgrading could solve the issue?

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1765

Replies: 5