Connecting Access Point to Existing Wifi Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 22:20:52 - last edited 2020-04-17 02:33:48
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0

Background: i have 17 devices connected to wifi on my main router and because of Slowness in wifi i bought Tp link accesspoint to divide the Users on two Wifi networks,  I am using Cisco Linksys x3500 as a main Router and Tp-Link TL-wA901ND Access point is connected thorugh Ethernet cable on LAN port. 

on Cisco Device Wifi Is working fine and it has a seprate Wifi Profile (with Diff Ssid and Password)

on Tp link AP i have configured new Wifi profile ( Ssid and Pwd) 

i want to know that this Tp Link device is using Different wifi or same As on cisco device?

can i Change/define different Ip ranges on both Devices for wifi? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Access Point to Existing Wifi Router
2020-06-29 08:30:47

@Rah33L 

Hi, you can create a different wireless network name and password on the Access Point, however, all of your LAN devices/clients' IP address should be assigned by the Cisco Linksys x3500.

Theoretically, the numbers of the clients your network can handle will only depend on the gateway router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1077

Replies: 1