Range Exteder has perfect signal but my devices ignore it and connect to the host network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Exteder has perfect signal but my devices ignore it and connect to the host network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 00:20:13
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20170109 Rel. 58858

As the title says. Apart from that, my Android phone tres to connect to the extender but "saves" the network instead and then connects to the host network.

The devices (a dual-boot Windows 10and Ubuntu notebokk, and several Android devices) can see the extneder, and it has perfect signal. However, they go to the host network after trying unsuccessfully to connect. I have successful connections from time to time, but the usual is that the extender is overridden.

I have done resets several time and gone thorought the whole setup. I've relocated thedevice to no avail. The problem seems to persist.

Any help would be appreciaed.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Range Exteder has perfect signal but my devices ignore it and connect to the host network
2020-04-21 09:20:48

@El_Puto I noticed that the firmware is very old. Please update the firmware to the latest one.

Here is the link. https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/v4/#Firmware

Or this Download Link.

Options
Re:Range Exteder has perfect signal but my devices ignore it and connect to the host network
2020-04-21 21:29:00

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your hlp. I've upgraded now. I've checked and the upgrade was successful. However, I'm quite confused.

Frst of all, TP-Link Tether app never notified me bout a new firmware version. And second, during update I was disconnected from tplinkrepeater.net/ (is this a normal part of the process? The instruction didn't warn about it) and now I can't access it anymore. It gives me an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Connection is working fine now, and the rest of the sites con be accessed just fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 2