New Deco M4 - getting less than 100mb over wifi and ethernet, 200mb connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 09:56:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hoping for some help here

I've recently set up the Deco M4 triple pack at home. Wireless coverage seems excellent, although for some reason i'm not getting my full internet speed over wifi, or over Ethernet.

I've cabled in the main Deco unit to my router (if I run this cable into my PC, I get the full 200/20 speed) - if I cable from the deco M4 back out to my PC, I can only get 90mb/20mb on a speed test.

I've tried setting my bandwidth in the app under the QoS setting to 1000 / 1000 but it didn't help. For what it's work, I tried setting it to 20 / 5 and that made no difference either. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Deco M4 - getting less than 100mb over wifi and ethernet, 200mb connection
2020-04-27 07:18:24

@Jalexp 

Hi,

In the QoS settings, it's suggested to set up the real download and upload speed, for your case, if the main Deco gets 200Mbps/20Mbps speed from your front-end router, it's suggested to configure the download bandwidth to 200Mbps and the upload bandwidth to 20Mbps.

When you connect a PC to the main Deco by an Ethernet cable, what's the link speed on your PC?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/

Have you tried to use a different ethernet cable to connect the PC to the main Deco, and then check if the PC gets better speed?

By the way, if you have configured high priority for some devices, it's suggested to disable the high priority feature for your devices, then test the speed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1904

Replies: 1

Related Articles