Slow connection speeds virgin media superhub3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 12:04:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I set up 3 deco hubs from my super hub 3 VM. 
My original set up was super hub in front lounge with Ethernet cable running to net gear nighthawk in back lounge. Back and front lounge very good speeds (c250mbps WiFi) Upstairs was very poor signal. 
I put super hub into modem mode, followed instructions and got node 1 up and running. Next I plugged in the Ethernet cable in the back lounge (other end still in super hub) and connected that. Finally plugged in third M9 upstairs. 
Results very poor. Very weak signal in all areas apart from front lounge (master) with download speeds all over the place (2mbps up to 100mbps).

Anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow connection speeds virgin media superhub3
2020-04-27 12:13:27

@CraigSmillie 

Hi, 

Have you connected the main Deco and a slave Deco to your superhub via Ethernet cable? If you have configured the Deco works in the Router mode, the slave Deco should connect to your main Deco, rather than the superhub.

After you correct your network diagram, you can check if the Deco network will perform better.

Options