Expand to garden shed with Deco E4R mesh already set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 12:29:51 - last edited 2020-04-17 12:31:20

I asked this question before and recieved an answer which asked me a question that I answered several weeks ago and go no reply  so I am posting the answer again.

I have a mesh set up with Deco E4R. I now want to boost the signal into my shed. I can get decent wifi from the closest deco to a point close to the shed. I want to add a outdoor booster that will get the signal from the last deco in the mesh and boost it to the garden and then be picked up by another one in the shed. I need the boost in between and am looking for recommendations or advice on how to do this.

Basically, I have 50 - 70 MB signal in the kitchen as part of the mesh network I set up and need to get a signal to the shed somehow. I reckon this is a distance of circa 40 - 50 feet. I am not very technical and simply want to try boost the signal or piggyback it across the garden so it can be picked up by maybe another deco in the shed. The deco app is ideal for me to monitor and allocate usage and I would like to still be able to utilise that as well.

The EAP225-Outdoor which was recomended did not make it clear if I could achieve what I want. I am not a technical guru and  I looked at some of the videos and it wasn’t clear that once set up it will simply act as a conduit for the signal.  Ie I put it in the garden somewhere and it picks up the kitchen signal and send it to the shed where another deco picks it up.

I really appreciate your help and as I am new to all of this I also really appreciate your patience and you advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Expand to garden shed with Deco E4R mesh already set up
2020-04-27 12:35:39

@RichardAB 

Deco can't connect to a range extender/AP's Wi-Fi, it can only connect to the other Deco via Wi-Fi.

In your environment, if you get a very weak signal in the Shed door, I think Deco is unable to be used on the Shed unless you connect an Ethernet cable from the kitchen Deco to the Shed Deco.

Whether the Shed and your house under the same electric circuit? If so, you can try to use the powerline product such as TL-WPA9610KIT, and TL-WPA8630PKIT. For example, after two powerlines devices paired, you can connect one to the kitchen Deco by an Ethernet cable, then plug the 2nd wireless powerline device in your Shed to provide Wi-Fi network. The powerline devices communicate with each other via the power line signal, so if the Shed and your house under the same electric circuit, normally, the powerline devices will work properly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2786

Replies: 1

Related Articles