AC1200 VR400 No internet connection then 'Access denied'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-18 12:49:35 - last edited 2020-08-24 06:55:25
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 160613 Rel.40404n

Hi all

Thanks for letting me in, I found you because I am having an ongoing issue with my router Archer VR400 and it is really doing my head, and ears, in now.

I have done a search and found several threads and had a read but I have slightly different circumstances.

I bought the router from Currys the other year to use as an access point, connected to my old BT Hub as I wanted something with a greater range than the BTHub 3 we had. Now I have binned BT off and am using it with a 4g dongle plugged in to the USB at the back of the VR400 with an ee sim in it.

I am having the same problem I've always had with it though, it suddenly just drops the internet connection, then when I check the list of available wifi signals on my phone, it shows the network as 'connected, no internet' or 'saved, encrypted' then changes to 'Network access denied'.

It might do this a couple of times a day, it might do it once a week, but the mrs is now giving me ear ache over it and I need help please.

The router is on the latest version of firmware: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 build 160613 Rel.40404n

It affects all devices connected at the same time, and I cannot connect to the router to check any settings when it happens. The only thing I can do is turn it off and on again and hope that works. I could just turn it off and have everything connect directly to the 4g stick, but that obviously does not have the same range as the router.

We live in the sticks and have no neighbours so there are not lots of conflicting signals. We have a Sky Q box, which broadcasts it's own signal but we only have one TV and no extra boxes so that is not used, but regardless, I have used a Wifi analyser and selected a different, unused channel.

I have also turned off 5ghz and am using only the 2.4ghz. I have tried it the other way around and it haopens that way too, but we have some older tech so am using the 2.4ghz frequency.

It's always had this issue, we are getting new fibre internet in a month or so, they have finally out the infrastructure in woohoooo. We were on 0-3mbs with BT up until a few months ago when I moved to 4g as I had this router, and I had a 4g dongle from work, so all I needed was the 4g card, that soeed has gone uo to between 20-30mbs which is amazing, or at least, it is when the router works.

When the fast internet goes in, I need to still use the 4g set up and move it down to the yard so we can connect cameras to it and check in on them.

Thabk you so much if you are still reading, and even more if you have an answer : )

cheers

dan

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1200 VR400 No internet connection then 'Access denied'
2020-08-22 08:14:54 - last edited 2020-08-24 06:55:25

@Stretchie_ 

I have exactly the same issue on mine.

My setup is very similar although I'm not using 4g to get internet access, standard fibre from PlusNet.

I see you've had zero replies here, did you find a solution elsewhere?

Options
Re:AC1200 VR400 No internet connection then 'Access denied'
2020-08-30 06:00:24

@Boots 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Do you use the DSL connection, or Ethernet connection?—you could check at the back of the VR400, which is port is connected to the fiber, the DSL port or the LAN/WAN port;

Do you also have Archer VR400-v1-Build 160613, or a different hardware version?

How long have you had the modem and when did the issue start?

After that, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Change the wireless advanced settings, like: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2794/
  2. Change the DNS server;

Thank you very much!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2247

Replies: 2

Related Articles