WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode
2013-06-11 04:29:58
i have been offered the firmware at this link

http://we.tl/AOmxZsvEZK
Options
2013-06-11 06:47:15
Cheers lumscx, i will try this tomorrow evening.
Options
Updated firmware
2013-06-11 13:47:55
Hi people. Sad to report that the latest firmware I was given hasn't fixed the problem with the router hanging, although it did go a day longer without needing a reboot. Back to tp-link and report it doesn't fix the fault
Options
2013-06-12 00:56:57
I'm gutted, just tried the new firmware and it still causes my internet to crash then reboot.
Options
2013-06-12 00:59:27
Hi again. Emailed tp-link support telling them the latest firmware they gave me doesn't fix the problem and here is their response....

"....I’m afraid you need to wait sometime till the latest firmware version comes up.

Once the latest firmware version has been released,we will publish it on the official website for you to update.

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused!"

In other words fellow sufferers don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. Instead, do what I'm now doing and attach the router to a power supply and put a plug-in timer in-between and set it to switch off/on again overnight. Obviously that's if you don't need the connection to be interupted while you sleep!
Options
2013-06-13 17:36:34
The latest firmware does not work for me as well :(
The other day i tried my luck to send an acquiring email to TPLINK support. They told me they are still working on this issue. So i am waiting for a update on this. Hope this problem could be fix soon.
Options
2013-07-21 05:24:31
I am now running the very latest firmware and still the problem persists for me, although it is different this time.

Although the device stops letting me connect to it's webpage and I am unable to ping it by name or IP, the device is still broadcasting as an AP, I can see it when I scan, it does however ignore the attempts to connect to it and then my devices fall back on the weaker single of the further away router.

it seems the device itself has limited rom and this gets full quickly and instead of flushing un-needed information it keeps it all causing the rom to fill and stop responding to move requests. This then means when you unplug it and plug it back in the cache has been flushed.

Interestingly a previous firmware suggested this fix;

1.Fixed a bug that wireless network will drop out when device takes high load under Russian secondary connection;

This seems to be what is happened to my little device, it gets inundated with requests and just cannot handle the load so it refuses and shuts down until it is unplugged and reconnected.

I will be looking in to alternative devices, but it would be really nice if TP link could fix this.

Right now my device is being powered by and sat on top of my existing router - so distance is about 3 CM away.
Options
2013-08-20 18:49:32
anybody had sucess on using this product? I'm having the same issues as everyone else...the device works for a while then stops responding.

still no answer from tp link? maybe its time to switch to Cisco, Netgear or any other brand...
Options
Same problem
2013-09-23 14:37:38
I have got the same problem: using the device in repeater mode, it works but stops working after some hours - even with new firmware.

anyone solved the problem or heard anything new from tp-link?
Options
2013-10-11 19:03:22
CLIENT MODE.

I bought one of these useless things. Did manage to "ping" it during one set up but it never shows (on Win 7) as anything other than an unidentified network with no internet access.

When I contacted TP-Link support by email I did get a lead to setup instructions, including the correct IP address, (which is not as in FAQ 395), but when I got back to them saying "....it still doesn't work...." the silence was deafening.

Question is - do I spend money sending it back to Amazon or just fetch a lump hammer to it?
Options
Related Articles