Wifi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi range extender
Wifi range extender
2020-04-19 12:37:15 - last edited 2020-04-19 12:40:09

Hi, first post on these forums. I already have an RE 200 extender which works very well, bringing my wifi signal to one side of our house, giving me 87Mbps pinging from this page . We have a garage/gym on the other side of the house (detached building) & would like to get some wifi there. I've tried by moving the the RE 200 extender within the house closer on the side nearer to the garage/gym but the signal is very weak or intermittent. So here's the rub, from looking at the specs of the various extenders all I can determine is the re-broadcast speed of each extender but no mention of the range. Speed is not really important to me but range is crucial. Is there any way to inprove the range of the RE 200 via settings in the app or which extender should I buy to give me coverage in the garage? A powerline adapter isn't an option because the garage is on a seperate electrical circuit. Please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi range extender
2020-04-20 12:30:10

@Munster Here is my suggestion for you.

1. Please make sure the coverage is set as the Maximum.

2. 2.4GHz WiFi has better coverage than 5GHz, then you can always try to use 2.4G both.

3. Please  try do avoid too much obstacles, such as walls.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 1

Related Articles