Archer T6E can't connect to the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T6E can't connect to the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Archer T6E can't connect to the network
2021-01-01 21:15:11 - last edited 2021-01-03 22:41:15

Hello yall, I've got a similar problem to everyone else, except my Archer T6E does eventually connect 5-10 minutes after bootup/wake up from sleep/hibernation.

Ever since I reinstalled my network adapter for the first time, anytime my PC reboots or goes to sleep, it cuts off my adapter, resulting in me losing wifi connection. When the PC boots up or wakes up, it tells me im not connected to any networks, even though I have my primary network checked to auto connect. When I try to manually connect to my network, it loads for a minute and then it tells me "Cannot connect to the is network." I've also tried to connect to a hotspot I opened up on my phone and it wouldn't connect to the phone either.

After about 5-10 minutes of trying to connect, it will finally connect successfully and I'm good to go, until the next time I power down my PC again, and then the cycle starts all over again. Ever since, I have reinstalled the driver three different times, by completely deleting it from device manager, and then reinstalling from a downloaded copy of the latest driver update. So whatever happens when the PC is rebooted or powers down is what is causing my adapter to stop work and not want to connect. When I first got the T6E adapter, I never had this issue, only a small one where I couldn't connect to the internet because of invalid IP confiuration errors I would get occasionally, which was easily fixed by restarting my router. It wasn't until after reinstalling the adapter drivers that I've been having this current issue everyone else seems to have with this network adapter.

Update: So turns out my problem was happening because I had something blocking the antennas on the adapter from reading my router. I was able to boot up today and my adapter connected immediately to my network as soon as I got to the desktop. So make sure there is nothing blocking your antennas or make sure they are in range of the router.

Options
2021-01-04 10:15:17

@DaveT22 

Just to confirm, what do you mean by "I had something blocking the antennas on the adapter from reading my router."? Does this mean the signal between the router and this computer is not good enough? How do you get this resolved?

Options
2021-01-04 22:38:47 - last edited 2022-02-11 06:15:28

@Kevin_Z Literally I had a physical object leaning up against and pretty much covering my Antennas on the PCI card. (It was a laptop fan I was using for extra circulation of air into my machine.) Once I moved the laptop fan away from the antennas, I stopped having problems with the adapter not connecting to any networks. This is the second day I haven't had this issue anymore, and I have powered down my PC the night before and it booted up without any problems connecting to the internet.

Options
2021-01-05 06:59:23

@DaveT22 

Great try.yes Glad to hear that you fixed the issue by removing the fan.

Options
2021-03-17 15:44:21
Already tried all the method. Non of them is working. Please help!
Options
2021-04-17 01:22:29

@Anthony_Thet 

Hi all,

I have done some pretty extensive testing to finally find a solution.

I have gone through all the steps in this link: https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-cant-connect-this-network/ + performed the latest Windows 10 updates (now on ver 20H2)

Along with all the suggestions throughout this forum post but unfortunately to no avail.

I actually have 2 x Archer T6E PCIe network adaptors which both do not work on my PC (v1.0 & v1.1). Reinstalled the drivers as recommended and countless reboots of my PC and modem. All other devices in my network have no issue connecting to my wireless network.

I noticed a few people mentioning issues with something physical impairing their antennae so I thought I would remove my to test, and wouldn't you know it. My PC connected to the Wi-Fi straight away (albeit very poor signal). I would be very interested to see if this solution works for others, and if it does perhaps TP-Link should look into a product recall of their antennae for this particular model. Especially considering this happened with 2 sets of the Archer T6E PCIe adapters that I own.

Important to note that I had no issues with the adapter on another PC so the problem is probably is conjunction with possible interference with where this PC is sitting (despite the signal indicator being full when I attempt to connect). I did notice that one of my neighbours recently set up a wireless printer so maybe that has something to do with it. Other than that, this issue seemed to come out of nowhere. I hadn't moved my PC nor introduced any other devices in my home.

Options
2021-05-02 07:24:59 - last edited 2021-05-02 17:06:46

@bartonfink 

I recently bought an archer t6e v2 to replace my old wifi card.

I had the same issue as everyone else where I could view available wifi networks, but not connect to them.

Saw your post and tried moving the wifi card from the pci-e slot between my fan and gpu to the bottom of my motherboard instead.

I can now connect to wifi a few minutes after my computer boots up and it'll crash for ~10 min every once in a while.

It's an improvement compared to before, but still pretty bad. I might as well go back to my old wifi card, at least it only crashes for a few seconds.

Update: There was a cable inside my desktop that was touching my wifi card. I've moved the cable to be touching the end of the card instead of the side and I now have no problems using 2.4gHz. 5gHz continues to be problematic.

I will most likely stop trying to fix it here, I am happy enough with 2.4gHz

Options
2021-11-21 12:07:01

@Kathy_Z 

Hi Kathy_Z,

I solved this problem 1 year ago (probably after the 2020 H2 Windows 10 update) using the driver you recommended.

However, windows has decide to upgrade again, this time to version 21H2. And this has broken the Wifi drivers again.

The symptoms are the same (I can see the networks, but I get the "can't connect to the network" error message).

I tried installing this driver:

Archer T6E(US)_V1&V2_200603_Win10

Download

that is listed in the support page, but it did not work.

I also tried to install again the Asus driver you suggested in your post, and it does not work either.

Is there an updated driver that would support Windows 10 21H2?

Many thanks,
Nicolas

Options
2021-11-21 12:19:31

@Nico_ 

Including here screenshots of my driver version and OS version:

Asus driver:

(Please note that I also tried with the generic Broadcom driver included in Windows 10 and with your "Archer T6E(US)_V1&V2_200603_Win10" that I mentioned above).

Options
2021-11-26 10:01:05 - last edited 2021-11-26 10:01:33

@Anthony_Thet Kathy_Z

I bought a new Archer T6 and windows 10 is 21h2

i have the same problems as described.

I can see the networks but if i want to connect and give the wpa password de card tries to connect but it's times out and is saying the password is incorrect.

i tried al drivers different places in the house, my other devices can connect to the wifi.

is there a new driver for windows ?

regards

Roger

Options