TL-WA854RE does not connect to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 15:57:19
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20150616 rel.34723

Hello,

I am trying to connect my TL-WA854RE to my powerline WiFi network to extend WiFi coverage to our garden.

The powerline WiFi is a Devolo dLAN 550 WiFi, with firmware version 5.3.1.

During the installation of the range extender I can see the network and enter all the required data. This seem to be going all right.

However, there is no connection established with the network. I am not sure what is going wrong, or is it simply impossible to connect the RE to a powerline WiFi network?

See below screenshot of the status page after the installation.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA854RE does not connect to router
2020-04-22 06:28:31

@MrErik  Please note that the wifi password should be the same as the powerline's.

Please try to connect this 854RE to your router wifi directly, it will work?

Options
2020-04-22 06:31:26

@MrErik  Please note that the wifi password should be the same as the powerline's.

Please try to connect this 854RE to your router wifi directly, it will work?

Options
2020-04-22 08:14:33

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for your quick reply. The wifi password is the same as the powerline's, but not connecting.

I cannot connect to the router wifi directly, because the router wifi is disabled. We are using the powerline wifi in our house instead. I was hoping to connect the range extender to that network.

Options
2020-04-28 16:42:44

@Kevin_Z I am still awaiting your reply.

In the meantime I have contacted Devolo support to ask about any restrictions in the powerline's wifi network. They mention that there are no restrictions to the wifi signal and the repeater should be able to connect to it to improve the wifi signal.

looking forward to your response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1295

Replies: 4

Related Articles