Laptops Constantly Lose Internet Connection, Still Connected to Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 18:16:10
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I installed Deco 9 about a week ago. All phones work seamlessly throughout the house. However, the two laptops in my home keep disconnecting from the internet ("No Internet", "No Internet Access"), while still connected to the network/Deco9. This happens constantly; sometimes every five minutes, sometimes twice an hour. The led in all 3 Decos stays white when this happens. It is only fixed by waiting several minutes (and it will gain connection by itself), or by disconnecting/connecting to the network 1-3 times. I have tried several things:

-I checked the network adapters, drivers on both laptops. They are up to date.

-I added both laptops as a high priority in the deco app.

-I reserved a specific IP address for each laptop in the Deco App.

-I enabled and disabled the fast roaming.

-I enabled and disabled the IPv6 in the Deco app.

-I've tried almost everything I've found online, including with battery-saving restrictions on the laptops and changing to Google DNS.

Would appreciate any help with this, as it is very annoying and it is become a huge issue, especially when one is in important online meetings. It is becoming a nightmare. Just this morning, in a 30min Zoom videoconference I had to reconnect 3 times while my boss waited for me to rejoin!

José Luis

Options
3 Reply
Re:Laptops Constantly Lose Internet Connection, Still Connected to Deco 9
2020-04-28 12:32:21

@Jose_Marrero 

1. Have you tried to connect your laptop to the guest network of the Deco, and then check if the laptop will work stable?

2. What's your network diagram?

3. What's the model number of your laptop and the OS version? What's the model number of the wireless adapter be used on the laptop?

Options
2020-04-28 19:04:43

@Jose_Marrero 

Check the IP address of the laptop, plus the gateway and DNS server.

Options
2021-12-09 22:53:13

@Jose_Marrero Did you find a resolution?  I just purchased a TP Link Mesh Router and have the exact same issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 974

Replies: 3