GPON TX-6610 - Unreleased Firmware!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 20:13:14 - last edited 2020-09-10 01:48:28
Model: TX-6610  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: TX-6610_V4_150922.bin

I recently bought a TP-Link TX-6610 and it came with a more recent firmware version that is not present on the TP-Link's website:

In order to try to solve a connection issue with my ISP, I performed a downgrade with the latest version released on TP-Link's site, but now I have no way to return to the original version, which is more recent and may have more corrections. Where are the unreleased firmwares for TX-6610? I need the last one.

Waiting for a answer from TP-Link...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:GPON TX-6610 - Unreleased Firmware!!!-Solution
2020-09-10 01:48:18 - last edited 2020-09-10 01:48:28

@dmfr 

Good day.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Since this model is customized by the internet service provider and we did not have any firmware about it;

It is highly recommended to contact the ISP to get back to the latest firmware.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:GPON TX-6610 - Unreleased Firmware!!!
2020-07-08 02:22:55

@brunocfp I have the same prolem. 
I also bought a TX-6610 recently and it has a firmware that is more recent than the 2015 one on the website...
It's ridiculous not to be able to have the latest firmware for a networking product. 
I've never seen that before with any brand. 

I really hope TP-link fixes that and uploads the latest firmware to the support page.

Options
2020-09-04 09:27:39

Same here.
Just reported a DHCP issue related to firmware HW_NAT module :

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/225274

A newer build on updated kernel/RA-Link sources would have a fair chance solving the issue.

Please publish recent firmware builds !

Options
Re:GPON TX-6610 - Unreleased Firmware!!!-Solution
2020-09-10 01:48:18 - last edited 2020-09-10 01:48:28

@dmfr 

Good day.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Since this model is customized by the internet service provider and we did not have any firmware about it;

It is highly recommended to contact the ISP to get back to the latest firmware.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-14 14:45:15

@Sunshine 

It does not make sense! The firmware is delivered by TP-Link with the hardware. Hence, is TP-Link's responsability to release the latest firmware with all bug fixes and improvements!! Until now, I could not use my GPON and my suspicious is a firmware bug, as I reported by email to the TP-LINK support from Brazil. Unfortunately, TP-Link is not able to solve my issue due technical incompetence! Next time I will think twice before buy another TP-Link's equipament!

Options
2020-09-14 16:19:30

@Sunshine, I agree with @brunocfp, it does not make sense at all.
I got my TX-6610 from a store, not from my ISP.
It came FROM TP-LINK with a firmware more recent than the one that is available on the website.
Probably people that are buying more recent products are getting more up to date firmwares as well.
We're not asking to build a new firmware for us, we're just asking for access to the updated firmwares that the product ships with.

Options
2020-09-14 18:34:51

@Sunshine 

I am in line with above replies.

Your statement does not make sense as the first post screenshot clearly show a more recent generic firmware from an original device (no ISP customization).

The TX-6610 has good GPON interoperabilty and it is unfortunate to see TP-link ignoring/discarding any requests (or bug reports) just like it was a abandoned product.

Options
2021-01-10 22:18:32 - last edited 2021-01-11 00:10:07

I had the same problem in my country Brazil

however I have this firmware

ISP called (VIVO) blargh deleted all topics and forums making it impossible to help any user

if you can share external links let me know anyone wants I put the link making the download available :)

sorry for my english

Options
2021-01-12 00:48:29

Hello @parad0x0,

Could you please share the firmware that solved your problem? I am also from Brazil and my ISP is Vivo as well.

Thanks!

Options
2021-01-12 01:58:47 - last edited 2021-01-12 02:00:44

@brunocfp 

here :)

build 190812 Rel.40861nb

##https : // www . 4shared . com /file / 4UmGV5ybiq/TX-6610V4_UP. html

ps:remove the hashs

I hope it helps you and the other users there is a secret menu hidden in the first release .

Options
2021-01-12 02:27:44 - last edited 2021-01-12 02:34:10

@brunocfp open console control + shift + I (firefox / chrome) > console > copy  paste and execute

appears lot of options... bingo!

i left isp vivo my region 10  does not allow me to use any ONT

maybe it will work for you

remembering that you  back old firmware if you want

some options save such as username and password service provider etc

this menu is temporary when updating the ONT page it disappears and you need to run the code again

$.id("menu").insertAdjacentHTML('beforeend','<ul class="mu1"><li class="ml1"><a id="menu_network" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="plus minus">Adv. Setting</a><ul class="mu2 ">'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=device_mgmt.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">Device MGMT</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=onu_sn.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="sel">ONT SN</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=gponctc.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">Auth CTC</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=tcont.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">TCONT</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=iot_cfg.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">IOT CFG</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=optic.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">Optic</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=sw_status.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">SW Status</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=rt_stats.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">Stats</a></li>'+
'<li class="ml2"><a href="index.htm?page=onu_debug.htm" id="menu_wan" onclick="return menuClick(this);" class="">ONU DEBUG</a></li>'+
'</ul></li></ul>');
Options