Tether can’t find extender WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 11:17:31
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Finally got Extender to connect to Internet. It seems To be working, however the extender does not show in the wireless drop down on my Mac just my main WiFi id. Also the tether app cannot find the extender. I put the extender right beside the Wi-Fi Rueter and it had full bars but still the app couldn't find the extender. I checked and my extender is compatible with the tether app. Question should my tplink extender show on my WiFi drop down? Why can't tether app connect to extender. My extender is working and has improved quality. Looking for help in solving this problem. Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tether can’t find extender WA850RE
2020-04-27 12:27:23

@MrsWoman What's the firmware and hardware of your 850RE? 

Your 850RE is in the Tether Compatibility list, right? Please make sure that you phone is connected to 850RE's wifi. Then Tether app will show your 850RE.

"Question should my tplink extender show on my WiFi drop down?"

-->WiFi drop down? You mean the wifi list on your device(not tether APP)? Extender will shows its name on that list. You may have the same wifi name on 850RE as your routers, then only router wifi name shows on the wifi list. 

Please check this to change the wifi name on 850RE: How to change wireless settings of TP-Link range extender on Tether APP

Options
2020-06-02 17:22:53

@Kevin_Z  i have this re200 wifi range extender it doesn't show me in the tether app i made sure that i am connected to the wifi of the extender and it still didn't show me

Options
2020-06-03 03:22:51

@Dvg What's the hardware version of your RE200? It's on the label, such as Ver:1.0.

Please make sure that your RE200 version is in the Tether APP Compatibility List.

If not in the list, then Tether app can not find this RE200 with this version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2261

Replies: 3